CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) performs cutting edge research illuminating cardiovascular and pulmonary biology and disease and trains clinicians and scientists to become future leaders of these fields.
The CVRI provides a home for a wide spectrum of investigation ranging from the most basic science to disease-focused and patient-based research. It also links faculty interested in cardiovascular biology and disease across UCSF programs, departments and campuses. The diversity of CVRI’s faculty and its collaborative culture fosters a multidisciplinary approach to research problems and provides an important bridge between UCSF’s outstanding clinical and basic science departments.
The Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (Assistant CRC) position has been newly created to assist with enrollment into several ongoing observational and interventional clinical trials taking place in the intensive care units at UCSF Moffitt-Long Hospital. Clinical studies range from observational (i.e. non-interventional) studies to Phase I, II and III clinical trials of novel therapies. This person will spend the majority of his/her time screening for, recruiting and enrolling patients into these clinical studies. In addition, the Assistant CRC will be responsible for processing blood, urine, bronchoalveolar lavage, and hair samples in the Matthay laboratory for enrolled patients. In addition, the Assistant CRC will be responsible for organizing biological samples for enrolled patients. The candidate will also perform other related duties.
Please note: THE HOURS FOR THIS POSITION ARE FROM 2 PM TO 11 PM; PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING THIS SHIFT.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree
• Experience enrolling patients in clinical research studies
• Experience with university related research
• Ability to compile and critically analyze data in the form of tables or graphs, where relevant
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to interact with sensitivity, confidence, and professionalism with critically ill patients, families, and medical teams caring for critically ill patients
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Flexible, energetic, and adaptable attitude
• Attention to detail, with complete and thorough follow-up of assigned tasks
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to work well in diverse team
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height, lifting over 60 lbs., carrying up to 30 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use; exposure to loud noise, dust, fumes or gases, chemicals or toxic substances, latex; ability to differentiate color, verbal communication, use of protective equipment.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Experience coordinating research studies and project management
• Experience handling clinical samples (e.g., centrifuging, aliquoting and freezing samples) and bloodborne pathogen training
• Database maintenance knowledge or Access experience