The individual is responsible for providing support to the Manager of Clinical Systems for the maintenance, upgrading, and modification to the current clinical platform used in Health Care Services. The individual will participate as part of a cross functional team to develop requirements for the ongoing support and maintenance of the care management software. The individual will be able to work with Health Care Service staff and management to assist in the development of specifications of system tools and customizations, and assist in the scheduling, maintenance, and distribution of departmental UM and CM/DM/Wellness business reports.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists department manager in the maintenance and customization of current and future clinical programs to include coding, table, and assessment maintenance. (40%)
- Assists in testing any customizations and upgrades to the clinical platform. (10%)
- Works with Health Care Services staff and management to create specifications and modifications to the clinical system to support new workflows and initiatives. (10%)
- Ensures that the clinical system is maintained to support any new regulatory requirements issued by NCQA, URAC, DOH, and CMS. (10%)
- Serves as a member of the core team that will provide direction for the implementation and maintenance of the department's clinical platform. (10%)
- Assists in the production and distribution of department reports. (10%)
- Evaluates the needs for updates to the clinical system based on new products and business in the health care services department. (10%)
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associates Degree (Computer Information Systems)
- Extensive knowledge of business software applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
- Can work in a self directed and independent environment.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills related clinical processes and workflows.
Bachelors Degree preferred. Minimum 1 year experience wth table maintenance, data fields, and workflows in software programs. Experience with clinical or care management software a plus. Previous exposure or experience with QA testing plans and activities preferred.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
- Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)