Essential Job Functions
1. Leads a team of Associates under the guidance of the Community Manager in a single community military location by providing operational decision making with a focus to increasing profitability and providing a return on investment for the military residential portfolio.
2. Assists in the management and efficient cooperation of the single-community of homes consistent with Loss Prevention and Corporate Office policies and procedures, even during understaffed periods. Responds to emergency situations by contacting appropriate agencies or the Community Manager as necessary.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of all maintenance programs to ensure the proper and efficient operation of systems, preventive maintenance programs, housekeeping functions and responses to resident maintenance requests.
4. May prepare and approve purchase orders, code and process vendor invoices for payment, send documentation to Corporate Office and follow-up on vendor payment inquiries.
5. Prepares service orders when residents call and distributes to appropriate associates for completion. Follows up on forwarded maintenance requests and makes certain that all residents are notified if there is a delay. Ensures completion of resident service requests.
6. Meets with prospective military residents, identifies their housing needs, interviews them to determine eligibility based on established criteria, shows vacant and model homes and property amenities based on established techniques specified by the company. Makes follow-up calls, sends follow-up literature and pursues rental status. Collects funds related to applications, security deposits and rentals.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of leasing policies and procedures and performs functions related to leasing and lease renewals. Ensures effective and appropriate implementation in accordance with Military Housing policies and procedures and Fair Housing laws. Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all applicable state and local laws particularly regarding resident-landlord relations, all applicable OSHA regulations and Fair Housing laws.
8. Communicates with residents regarding questions and concerns and takes steps to resolve issues or refers them to appropriate associates. Prepares correspondence to residents. Responds to all residents in a courteous and prompt manner. Maintains accurate conversation records.
Weekly interaction with Community Manager as well as interacting with Associates and Residents on a daily basis for exchange of information.
1. Provides ongoing work assignments for associates.
2. Provides on-the-job training to associates and monitors progress.
3. Schedules work hours for associates.
Requires High School Diploma/GED. Must have valid driver's license.
Must have 1-2 years experience in property management, budget implementation, marketing and general maintenance required. Knowledge of residential property management gained through formal education or on-the-job training.
Knowledge of property management normally acquired by supervisory experience in property management including on-site property management experience. Working knowledge of all applicable state and local laws, resident-landlord relations and Fair Housing laws. Must possess good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and general knowledge of property management software.
Travel for this position is rare.
Drug Free Workplace
Forest City Enterprises - 2 years ago