Picerne Military Housing, a leader in the real estate development, construction and property management industry, is committed to providing America’s military families with the quality homes and neighborhoods they deserve. We recognize the commitment military families make to our country and respond by providing comfortable homes in friendly neighborhoods.
We are seeking a creative, energetic Assistant Community Manager to be responsible for directly supporting the Community Manager in the day-to-day operations and fiscal management of their designated community at McConnell AFB, Kansas.
Expected start date for this opportunity will be mid spring of 2013.
- Provide superior resident services including the monitoring of maintenance response time to resident service requests and response time to resident concerns improving where appropriate
- Provide prompt and professional responses to all resident concerns
- Lead regular community team meetings to inform, prioritize daily activities and follow up on progress of goal completion
- Maintain a basic level of understanding of accounting, maintenance and repairs, human resources policies and current landlord-tenant law
- Provide professionally written correspondence and reporting as required
- Integrate the community maintenance and office teams to ensure smooth operations and completion of team goals
- Supervise, monitor, and process accounts payable and account receivable activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist and contribute in the preparation of annual budgets, capital expenditure budgets, and operating plans
- Organize and maintain all community records including resident files, purchasing logs, utility logs, month-end reporting, appliance logs, etc.
- Review monthly all community operations for adherence to applicable government, military, and base regulations and corporate operating policies and procedures
- Assist and support the Community Manager in ensuring delivery of adequate numbers of quality turnover homes
- Physically inspect the community on a regular basis to maintain corporate standards for curb appeal and landscape enhancement
- Assist and support the implementation of community staff training and development programs to educate and prepare team members for advancement
- Participate with the Community Manager in the hiring and evaluation of team members
- Directly supervise community leasing Specialist (Resident Service) staff and indirectly manage community maintenance staff
- Excellent professional communication skills, management, and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess a positive attitude and be highly organized, motivated and energetic
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Strong financial background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Competency in YARDI Property Management software or equivalent industry related software
- Bachelor’s degree in is required. Equivalent industry experience may be considered
- Registered Apartment Manager (RAM) or Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) is preferred
- 3+ year’s multi-family property management experience of at least 200 units or 4+ years in Hospitality or Customer Service industry required.
- Successful supervision of a team of 3.
- Must possess a valid driver's license