Assists Compliance Manager and works with administrative division staff, other site managers, other management company employees, outside vendors and service providers. Specializes in tax credit and HUD compliance administration for the Property Management Division. Must have excellent organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. Assist in the preparation of comprehensive operating budget for compliance department; work within established parameters and expectations.
2. Assist in the preparation and calculation of rent/limits.
3. Develop and modify state/federal required resident forms to be used at the site level.
4. Provide technical guidance to staff members in the resolution of compliance issues as they arise.
5. Interacts with state monitoring agencies in the interpretation of program requirements.
6. Conducts periodic on-site audits to insure continuing compliance.
7. Assists in the preparation and process of internal auditing.
8. Assists in the preparation and process of periodic federal and state reporting according to deadlines and due dates.
9. Review all applicant files to ensure accuracy and compliance with state and/or federal guidelines.
Work is performed on-site at an assigned property. Typically works a normal work week but may be called to work on short notice during an emergency.
Extensive mobility. Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which includes walking the property, climbing up to four flights of stairs to complete physical inspections, and deliver resident communications. . Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc.
Associate Degree in business or a related field. One to two years of experience in tax credit/HUD regulations and compliance administration required. Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various tasks and errands. Must have proof of insurance and valid driver’s license in state of residence. Must be bondable.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted when competency in the role is demonstrated. Successful performance on pre-employment tests is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test and new hire physical examination. .
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Bookkeeping experience,
• Ability to communicate effectively, safety conscious,
• Ability to assert yourself, preference for detail work,
• Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivation and self-direction.
City of Louisville, KY - 23 months ago