The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Construction Manager in the oversight of the project engineering department, provide assistance in the project procurement reporting, and assist the Construction Manager in the overall management of the construction processes.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Assist the Construction Manager in the performance of the following duties:
- Coordinate with the Superintendents to direct, plan, coordinate, and execute work which is on time, within budget, attains or exceeds profit goals, while maintaining a safe workplace, promoting and enhancing client relationships.
- Clearly communicate technical details of all project plans, specifications, and contract with owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals/approvals and all other project related documents.
- Provide Project Leadership in respect to Incident & Injury free safety initiatives.
- Ensure a complete and accurate set of contract documents including all the current contract changes and clarifications and a complete set of as-builts are available at the field location
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Assist the Senior Construction Manager to develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting, manage and control the budget.
- Assist the preconstruction staff in the development of an initial project procurement schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all field personnel including subcontractors and vendors.
- Conduct pre-award interviews with the assistance of the Project Engineer and Assistant Construction Manager as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Senior Construction Manager to develop, maintain and enforce project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Work closely with the Senior Construction Manager to develop, maintain and enforce project site safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal laws to include all subcontractors. Participate in or lead OSHA site visits.
- Ensure the development, maintenance and enforcement of a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Review and provide feedback to Senior Construction Manager on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Conduct pre-award interviews with the assistance of the preconstruction staff and Procurement Manager.
- Direct staff as assigned to monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports and timesheets.
- Participate with the Senior Construction Manager in the development of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial costs reports.
- Direct the development of and maintain a plan for monitoring and completing punch list items.
- Lead the development, implementation, maintenance and enforcement of the project site-specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, OSHA requirements, local, state and federal laws to include all subcontractors. Lead OSHA site visits.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid and CPR.
- Support and implement the company’s Project Success Planning processes.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self performed work. Ensure all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity is met.
- Participate in and/or lead, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling and project completion reviews and meetings.
- Identify new project opportunities and inform appropriate management staff of potential projects with current clients.
- Lead the development of the Construction Management team by interviewing, hiring, training and participating in the professional development of the staff to ensure competent professionals who are knowledgeable of and in compliance with all Actus Lend Lease policies and procedures.
- Promote the development of positive working relationships, field staff, client personnel, subcontractor and vendors on all levels.
- Contribute to Actus Lend Leases’ competitive position through continual personal growth, learning and the sharing of acquired knowledge.
- Conduct business and execute work in a professional manner; ability to handle conflict and confrontation.
- Display problem solving and decision making ability; results-oriented, organized with good follow-up skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience at Senior Project Engineer level or at least 8 years construction related experience.
- Possess an understanding of general construction contract agreements, the contract agreement implementation as it relates to the Guaranteed Scope of Work, reporting requirements, and financial commitment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction techniques and skills.
- Knowledge of basic PC-based programs (Microsoft Excel, Project and Power Point) including scheduling, and basic accounting principles.
Standard Office Environment 85 % of time
Travel Required 5 % of time
Lifting Required % of time
Continuous Standing % of time
Exposure to Chemicals % of time
Exposure to Loud Noises % of time
Field Observations 10 % of time
Bovis Lend Lease - 2 years ago
At Lend Lease, we work with communities, clients and our colleagues to create positive legacies from funding a project right through to...