The Assistant Controller will serve as the financial expert for Indiana Network of Independent Schools (INIS) and its client schools while demonstrating Goodwill Industries’ Historic Values, Basic Principles, and Standards of Conduct.
• Supervision of INIS bookkeepers
• Processing, reviewing and analyzing accounting transactions
• Direct oversight of efficient and accurate month end closing
• Preparation of and timely delivery of financial statements and other critical month-end reports using The Financial Edge by Blackbaud, QuickBooks, Excel and other tools
• Development of strong relationships with school leaders of client schools, Goodwill Education Initiatives (GEI) staff, and Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana (GICI) staff
• Provide support to GEI owned schools as needed
• Evaluate current accounting procedures and systems of potential client schools and prepare written proposals of recommended improvements
• Implementation of contracted projects for client schools
• Meet all authorizer, state, federal, and Indiana State Board of Accounts reporting requirements and deadlines
• 3-5 years accounting experience required. Not-for-profit accounting and/or school accounting preferred.
• Recent supervisory experience in a fast-paced organization
• Strong grasp of accounting and financial statement interrelations. Must be fluent with US GAAP, accrual and modified cash basis of accounting.
• Experience working in a multi-client environment will be a significant advantage for the qualified candidate.
• Specific experience in an Indiana public school or public entity finance environment will be a significant advantage for the qualified candidate.
• Knowledge of Indiana State Board of Accounts requirements for charter schools will be a significant advantage for the qualified candidate.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to lead, manage and influence across organizations (including legal entities), at different levels including executive management and boards of directors.
• Grant management experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge of banking, payroll and cash management systems.
• Strong budgeting experience, with ability to manage and communicate budget and cash flow issues to a largely non-financial audience.
• Familiarity with services provided by Paychex and/or other payroll providers
• Strong working knowledge of fund accounting software, and MS Office Products, especially Excel.
Four-year Accounting or Finance degree is required.
Compensation and Benefits Summary
Base range: $60,000-$70,000 annual salary with performance bonus potential
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid Time Off
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short & long term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 9 months ago