This is a franchise job posting,
Hotel Blackhawk Autograph Collection, Davenport Iowa.
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
563-484-5913 or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
Hotel Blackhawk is a majestic city landmark. It is an Autograph Collection hotel, with a Four Diamond rating, a 2 year winner of the Smart Meeting, Platinum Choice Award, ranked #9 among Historic Hotels of America and the only hotel in the state ever recommended by Forbes Travel Guide.
· Salary Range: $38,000 - $42,000 depending on experience
· Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Accounting, the Assistant Controller is accountable for the day to day operation of Accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, night audit, general ledger reporting and cash management.
· The role maintains a focus on timeliness and accuracy of these functions, as well as preparation of monthly financial reports and monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
· The Assistant Controller also assists the in: Preparation of financial statements, annual budgets, and operating forecasts within strict deadlines
· Monitoring, supervising and preparing month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis
· Managing the general ledger; ensuring timely completion of all month-end account reconciliations, account analysis and closing procedures
· Assisting in maintaining a system of internal controls, meeting all corporate policies and procedural requirements and ensuring all departments comply with policy
· Assisting departments in the interpretation, orientation, training and analysis of revenue, payroll and expense matters
· Assisting in the effective utilization and integration of hotel and accounting technology systems, including current and future software applications
· Verifying the accuracy of all audit transactions, ensuring accurate daily reporting of financial information
· Preparation of sales and use tax, tax returns, and related financial recordkeeping.
· Other duties as assigned
· Professional designation or acceptable university degree with an appropriate specialization in Accounting or equivalent experience
· 2 years accounting experience in a senior role as a Controller of a small hotel or as an Assistant Controller of a large hotel preferred. Related experience will also be considered.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking and organizational skills
· Ability to grow in this position and earn greater responsibility
· While having a good grasp of the support required for this one hotel, is able to see the big picture and understand where the company is going long-term and what will be required
· Proven report writing and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
· Proven leadership and coaching skills with a record of developing effective accounting professionals
· Able to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, producing quality results within strict deadlines
· Comprehensive knowledge of hotel operating systems and software such as OPERA and MARSHA desirable, but not necessary
· Knowledge of MAS-90 Accounting System highly desirable but not necessary
· Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
Marriott - 15 months ago