Associated Spring – Bristol Division seeks a talented, self-driven and high energy individual to serve as its Assistant Controller. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will contribute as an integral member of the finance team. This position is responsible for the origination and maintenance of the general ledger and all journals. If you are a results oriented individual who thrives in a diverse, fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Development, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Supervise origination and maintenance of general ledger, general journal, standard journal and all subsidiary ledgers required to properly record financial transactions.
- Review monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist Division Controller with all financial aspects, including monthly reports, control of costs, safeguard of assets, etc.
- Assist Division Controller in annual overhead rate calculations.
- Maintain standard cost system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual profit plans.
- Assume responsibilities of Division Controller in their absence.
- Prepare and maintain accounting records ensuring compliance to SOX.
- Maintain fixed assets system.
- Perform all other assignments as directed.
- 3 to 5 years of audit and accounting experience with a proven track record of progressive career advancement.
- Analytical approach and attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- “Big 4” or “Tier 2” accounting firm experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred