We are in the midst of a work revolution – quality work is moving online. And Elance is where the jobs are going. We’re building the infrastructure that capture clients and freelancers’ preferences and requirements, matching jobs with the best freelancers available, and maximizing the chance of great outcomes. And that’s where you come in.
You will support the Corporate Controller in managing general accounting, including but not limited to, global treasury management, consolidation of subsidiary financials and tax and regulatory compliance. You will apply your knowledge and experience from public accounting to identify issues, apply technical accounting guidance and ensure GAAP compliance in financial statements. You will also develop, document and maintain internal controls for key processes with a goal toward SOX compliance and IPO. As a key contributor to a small but high impact Finance team, you will interact closely with Billing and Payments, Operations, Product Development as well as the external and regulatory auditors. This is a new opportunity to make immediate impact, face new challenges and work in a hyper-growth company. Interested? Keep reading.
In this role, you will:
To win in this role, you need:
- Manage company’s treasury program (settlement, reporting), by ensuring general ledger is updated timely with proper accounting for foreign currency and other financial risk related transactions; identify and analyze foreign exchange exposure and mitigation solutions
- Review and analyze customer money flow, currently at an annualized volume of $500 million; ensure proper accounting and reporting accuracy; identify and implement process and control improvements
- Prepare US and foreign subsidiary financial statements as required; manage consolidation for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting; ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Help develop, document and maintain effective key controls for financial reporting integrity and compliance
- Work closely with tax advisors and preparers to comply with tax and other regulatory authorities
- Lead accounting staff in monthly financial closing process, including preparation and review of financial schedules, balance sheet and income statement flux analysis
- Assist Corporate Controller with monthly and quarterly management reviews, Board reporting, year-end audit and other independent audits as required
- Stay current with US GAAP and IFRS developments, identify complex accounting issues and provide analysis as needed for discussions with the Management team or external auditors
- 6+ years of industry experience, rising up to audit manager level at Big 4
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent; CPA required
- Knowledge of SEC rules and regulations: prior experience with S-1 filings a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, strong analytical and computer skills
- Attention to detail; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong work-ethic with willingness to work additional hours in order to meet monthly, quarterly, annual close, and ad-hoc deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interface and communicate effectively with individuals and teams at all different levels within the organization
Come work where people say “Happy Monday” and actually mean it.
A funny thing happens when your job is putting mile-wide grins on the faces of online freelancers and the businesses who hire them. You start to smile a lot yourself, knowing you’re helping people live the dream and get great work done ASAP.
You see at Elance we’re not just creating a revolutionary place for businesses to find, hire and work with online freelancers. We’re also creating a fun place to work. And to keep the good times going strong we’re always looking for amazing people ready to help the world Work Differently™.
Elance is funded by top tier venture firms, including Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, and Stripes Group. Check out our job openings in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Europe. Then join Elance as we change how the world works, and learn why around here TGIF means “This Gig Is Fantastic.”
Visit us at www.elance.com