In this key role reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, this position is responsible for Great Plains (corporate) and Yardi based transactional accounting activities and overhead transactions of staff located in Orlando, Florida. The position is accountable for the accounting close, fixed assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other related accounting activities. This role is also responsible for preparing Great Plains (corporate) and Yardi reports and ensures accurate accounting systems and record keeping. Position will also be cross-trained to learn Propertyware and AppFolio software and others as applicable.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company’s and established accounting principles. Responsible for monthly and year-end closing schedule including preparation of journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining user defined controls of accounting system, assisting staff with questions and generating ad-hoc reports and statements.
- Prepares required government reports and responds to inquiries as necessary.
- Directs the activities of the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger functions.
- Supervises AP and GL staff. Preforms semi-annual reviews and provides mentoring to staff on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews supplier invoices for approvals, coding and reasonableness.
- Directs and reviews all account reconciliation’s monthly. Ensures that all reconciling items are disposed of in a timely basis.
- Oversees maintenance of fixed asset records and control; uses company software to determine depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items and in compliance with FS/FSR guidelines; assists FS/FSR staff in providing schedules and other information in the preparation of property tax returns as required.
- Compiles and coordinators tax information with FS/FSR internal tax accountants.
- Assists the Senior Manger Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis in preparing and coordination of monthly and quarterly financials; and, year-end audit and preparation of schedules and documents for independent auditors.
- Administers Propertyware and Austin based cash management function.
- Maintains other accounts and performs other accounting duties as required.
- Assists Internal Audit/Compliance in designing and executing best-in-class strategies and processes, preparing for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Assist with the Company’s focus on governance and fiduciary responsibilities, while assuring that proper cost and authorization controls are sustained to safeguard the Company’s financial assets.
- Supports the corporate accounting system.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Provides a five-star customer service at all times by attending to all calls and messages immediately
Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Be accurate and detail oriented
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic
- Resourceful, creative, decisive
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently & as a member of various teams and committees with sound judgment
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence
- Pioneering spirit/drive
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office Applications (Advanced Excel skills necessary)
- Proficient in Yardi and Great Plains required, PropertyWare also preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Accounting or related field from a 4-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience required with CPA/CMA and/or MBA preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP is essential
- Two to four years of experience in public/private accounting preferred
- Real Estate/Property Management experience preferred
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends occasionally. Driving required. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner. Moderate to high travel requirement 25-50%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify the position in the subject line.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The candidate selected for this position must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
First Service Residential Realty - 2 years ago