Directs the financial reporting, technical accounting and research areas. Coordinates annual Sarbanes Oxley processes and internal control processes for the accounting organization. Directs the operation and maintenance of financial accounting systems and corporate allocations
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Oversees the accounting research function and monitors new accounting pronouncements and new transactions, including M&A activity.
- Directs the research of new accounting and reporting requirements and assesses their impact on the Company.
- Oversees financial reporting processes around quarterly and annual SEC filings, debt and equity offerings and other related filings.
- Directs various technical accounting areas, such as benefit plan accounting and reporting, stock compensation and derivative accounting.
- Directs the coordination of annual external audits and quarterly reviews, as well as SEC reviews and comment letters.
- Directs the development of Sarbanes Oxley financial controls for the accounting organization and monitors compliance of those controls; coordinates changes with process control owners, Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Monitors and controls corporate-wide user access to accounting applications.
- Provides oversight to the operation, maintenance and upgrade of PeopleSoft financial systems, including interfaces with other accounting systems and data.
- Directs the design, maintenance and monitoring of multiple intra- and inter-company allocations in a changing business environment.
- Identifies and implements accounting process improvements, including financial systems and month-end close.
ITC Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Accounting with increasing level of responsibility.
- Minimum of four (4) years of management experience.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage change.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with a focus on synthesizing information, formulating conclusions and articulating recommendations in a way that is meaningful and valuable.
- Strategic skills necessary to identify opportunities to support or enhance the accounting and reporting functions, and effectively makes use of those opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of team.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 12 months ago