We are seeking an experienced professional to join our global technology company. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance and Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller is a Director/ Senior Manager-level position that is responsible for, General Accounting, including monthly close and management of the SEC audits, Payroll, treasury, and International accounting.
- Manage General accounting team, payroll and International accounting
- Supervise the day-to day operations of the accounting department
- Manage the monthly global financial close process in a timely manner, including preparation and review of journal entries
- Manage worldwide payroll function, ensuring all regulatory issues are addressed and payroll is timely and accurate
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies in accordance with evolving regulatory, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends
- Treasury and cash management include updating monthly forecast and improving global banking processes.
- Develop and monitor effective policies, procedures and internal controls for the Finance group
- Help manage reporting functions, including drafting of audited financial statements, and coordination of document review with management and external audit team
- Review and analyze financial statements and details thereof during the month, quarter, including providing assistance during the periodic closing process
- Assists with corporate ad hoc analysis any other special projects
- Assist the VP Finance with the preparation of reports and analysis for presentation at the management reviews
- Research accounting literature and prepare accounting and financial reporting position papers
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required,
- Five to seven years of public accounting experience required (Big Four experience preferred)
- Five or more years of industry experience
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience required
- Strong knowledge of SEC and US GAAP accounting and financial principles
- Understanding of international tax structures and transfer pricing
- ERP system experience (Oracle experience preferred)
- Very Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships.
Demonstrated record of career progression
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks, cope with multiple deadlines, dynamically changing environment, and work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions
Nanometrics Incorporated - 7 months ago
Nanometrics Incorporated (Nanometrics) is engaged in the design, manufacture, market and support thin film, optical critical dimension and...