· Assist the Controller in managing the daily and month end accounting process for all loan transactions, as well as other general accounting processes, as needed.
o Direct and review the work of assigned accounting staff.
o Review and approve the daily transaction journals: Fundings, Sales, Cash, Servicing.
o Review and approve daily and month-end reconciliations: cash rolls, inventory, warehouse lines, fees, escrow, suspense, etc.
o Take the lead in reviewing fair value accounting reports (FAS 159 and 157), preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
· Maintain Crystal and other data base reports used to generate reports necessary to perform daily work. Work with operations and IT to ensure that reports are kept current to reflect changes in loan transactions.
· Manage month]end closings:
o Assist in completion of standard journal entry list and management of closing calendar to meet reporting deadlines.
o Assist and/or support the preparation of reconciliations for all assigned month]end balance sheet accounts.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
· At least 10 years experience working in a high volume, high pressure environments involving complicated bookkeeping and account reconciliations requiring the use of advanced spreadsheet functions and data bases.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
· Strong organizational and management skills.
· Thorough understanding of the entire accounting process.
· Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Requires organization and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Must be very proficient in Excel and Word. Experience with Crystal report writer a plus.