The Assistant Controller will report to the VP, Controller and manage the US Accounting team as well as provide direction and coordinate activities of the worldwide accounting teams. The ideal candidate will be a leader with experience in managing the accounting team, working closely with company finance and operating management, and coordinating the work of outside service providers.
• Directly manage US accounting team, including Accounting Manager and teams responsible for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Procurement and Payroll (~15 personnel.)
• Monitor and manage the monthly/quarterly closing functions between US and global consolidated submission for timing, accuracy and completeness
• Prepare month end schedules of Balance Sheet and P&L accounts and monthly consolidated financial statements (flash) including all supporting variance analysis
• Assist with application of revenue regulation policies and customer contract support • Global oversight to all inter-company processing
• Serve as the primary contact for the external auditors and internal auditors
• Assist with development of internal controls, procedures and help streamline for efficiencies
• Monitor adherence to internal controls, and direct internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative records.
• Manage and reinforce the accounting policies and processes, primary responsible for ensuring compliance with and the completion of all applicable controls and reconciliations of assigned areas
• Provide technical accounting advice to world-wide finance personnel for all areas if needed
• Perform various analyses and ad hoc projects.
• Build and manage a high performing team that maintain a strong “client service” focus and culture.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring qualified team resources
• Lead the performance management, career planning, coordinate with planning team on budget management processes
• Identify and ensure the training and development needs of team members are met
• Plan and define performance goals with Leadership to set overall and team-level performance measures and goals
• Establish collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to understand the business, identify additional ways to be of service, ensure timely exchange of information and ensure client satisfaction
• Foster a “client service” culture and instill a work ethic that includes collaborative
• At least 10 years accounting and management experience including previous experience with the range of responsibilities discussed above, Big 4 public accounting firm and/or media industry experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Required. CPA/MBA is a plus (Bachelor's Degree in Finance will suffice, but CPA would then be required.)
• Able to manage independently and partner with others to obtain results
• Strong collaboration & leaderships skills
• Proven ability to think strategically and implement a strategic vision
• Proven experience coaching and motivating a productive and cohesive team that consistently exceeds expectations
• Highly adaptable and motivated by change
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial data and clearly communicate financial messages to Business Leadership
• An attitude of “continuous improvement” and constant desire to improve efficiencies
• Ability to lead complex projects that require influence and implementation across business groups and functions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, history of developing and maintaining working relationships across Finance, Legal, Sales and other organizations and effectively communicating with all levels of internal management, third party service providers, external auditors, and internal auditors
• Ability to manage internal and external client expectations
• Proven success working well under pressure and meeting deadlines. Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement • Strong client relationship, interpersonal and team skills
• Demonstrate success with facilitation and negotiating skills
• Must be a “self-starter” with a problem-solver attitude, ability to multi-task and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
PR Newswire - 10 months ago
Corporate communication is the language this company speaks. PR Newswire Association is a leading distributor of corporate news and public...