We are seeking an organized and detail oriented Assistant Controller to join our team. The ideal candidate will possess good oral, written and interpersonal skills, and be organized and able to handle the needs of an emerging growth company. The candidate will also have an advanced professional knowledge and competency in accounting theory and principles as well as strong analytical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Experience and Skills
- Oversight of the General Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions including 3-4 direct reports in those areas.
- Reports directly to Finance Director, supporting completion of monthly and quarterly close and reporting process.
- Review of monthly account reconciliations and preparation of key management estimates during the quarterly close process.
- Works closely with the Director of FP&A to prepare specialized reports and balance sheet and income statement analytics; provides management with accurate results and interpretation.
- Compiling data for use in budgeting and forecasting Company revenues and expenses.
- Assistance with special projects as they arise within the accounting function.
- Participation in establishing and improving accounting policies and procedure.
- Participation in establishing and maintaining internal accounting controls.
- Oversee and assist in preparation of supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5-8 years of accounting experience (or CPA plus 4 years), will have prior staff management experience, and will have spent at least 2 years in public accounting with a major firm.
- Accounting software experience required. (Great Plains or similar ERP system software preferred).
- Able to use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and format data and reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work as a team player across departments and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Prior software or high tech experience is a plus.
BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent.
ThreatTrack Security - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -