University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller and is responsible for the monthly general ledger close, and balance sheet and income statement presentation and analysis. The Assistant Controller is also responsible for the performance analysis and presentation of each department and division.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of month-end closing activities including journal entries, adjustments, accruals and account reconciliations.
- Perform financial statement fluctuation analyses and review expenses for variances against budget to explain monthly fluctuations in indirect rates
- Preparation of a monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Process and finalize the statement of indirect expenses on a monthly basis
- Preparation and maintenance of the documentation of the company’s financial internal controls
- Preparation and maintenance of the documentation of the company’s financial processes
- Ownership of the annual incurred cost preparation and submission
- Assist with external year-end audits
- Provide recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operations
- Monitor the accuracy of the annual department/divisional budgets
- Provide recommendations for improving the organization's budgeting function
- Serve as a member on advisory committees whose purpose is to improve the operations of the company in either a technical or administrative capacity
- Supervise Billing Accountant to include review and analysis of the Monthly Field Reports, automated input of the Quickbooks files into Costpoint, preparation and issuance of PSR’s and preparation of drawdowns and invoices in accordance with a schedule approved by the CFO.
- Monitor the accounts receivable function to ascertain and ensure the resolution of potential collection issues.
- Analyze the status of ended projects and support the process of scheduling close-out meetings
- Support management through ad hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as assigned
- Prepare periodic forecasts of revenue, indirect expenses income statement and balance sheet as directed by the CFO.
- Review & update monthly field office account worksheets and bank reconciliations.
- Work with Accounting Manager to prepare monthly financial statements, budget reports and quarterly financial status report (SF 269 and 272 reports).
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit, preparation of work papers and coordination of all government audits (DCAA).
- Prepare required reports to Banks, monthly, quarterly, annually.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters in Accountancy preferred
- 5 or more years high volume Accounting experience of large international projects, including experience in management of US Government-funded projects.
- Strong accounting knowledge and experience working with USAID and other major donors is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheets. fixed assets, and inventory;
- Good knowledge of US GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting application;
- Expert Microsoft Excel experience is required;
- CPA required;
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills and auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts;
- Detail oriented and organized with ability to meet assigned deadlines;
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory;
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus;
- PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- Deltek or Costpoint experience strongly preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers . Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 13 months ago