Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the Rocky Mountains, Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to more than 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 31 states.
We have a position available for a Assistant Controller at our Clifton Park, NY location.
· Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
· Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
· Preparation of annual financial budgets
· Preparation of detailed budget, income or expenditure reports
· Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
· Rate analysis and review
· Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities
· Evaluating and assessing internal controls and operating results including analysis of budget to actual results; presents cost reduction recommendations to management
· Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
· Special projects as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 12 credit hours Accounting coursework is absolutely required
· 2-5 Years Accounting experience
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
· Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 21 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...