In conjunction with the controller, the incumbent manages accounting functions as necessary. Administers approved accounting policies and procedures throughout the YMCA. Ensures timely preparation of complete and accurate monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Assists in the preparation and analysis of the operating budget and performs financial analysis as necessary. Assists in the coordination of audit information requests. Supervise or prepares reconciliations of all YMCA bank accounts on a monthly basis. Coordinates and supervises operating cash flow management. Conducts accounting studies, financial analyses and cost studies as required and provides recommendations. Develops and maintains standard accounting policies and procedures. Works closely with IT staff to ensure that computer and software systems provide accurate information and adequate internal controls. Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent. Accounting Designation (such as Certified Management Accountant or Certified Public Accountant) preferred.
2. Understanding of and experience in GAAP are required.
3. Five years of experience or more in an accounting role.
4. Experience in a nonprofit environment is preferred.
5. Background in management reporting/analysis preferred.
6. Knowledge of banks, banking systems and cash management.
7. Knowledge of and expertise with computerized accounting systems. Ability to develop and use spreadsheets and standard business software systems. 8. Must possess a class D drivers' license.
Salary: $57,000 - $65,000
Additional Compensation Details: Excellent benefits including 12% retirement.
YMCA - 19 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...