Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for managing the financial and accounting obligations of the Global operations of Phillips & Temro Industries (PTI). This position is an integral participant in the Global Finance Team and will be very involved in PTI’s M&A activity from due diligence to full business integration.
A high level of proficiency in the following areas is required:
- Capital Investment
- Develop, communicate and implement capital investment requirements.
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning. and performance measurement including reporting and analysis.
- Analyze return on investment criteria to ensure limited company resources are optimized.
- M&A Integration
- Analytical support and proven experience managing Accounting and Finance integration tasks and business transactions.
- Provides periodic reports and special studies for executive management, variance explanations and cost analysis.
- Working Capital
- Working capital forecast, analysis and management.
- Reporting and monitoring of inventory, cash and working capital.
- Continuous improvement of daily management processes around inventory and working capital.
- Project Management
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Close books and update financial reports within closing schedule.
- Meet requirements for reporting on company objectives.
- Ensure global operations are properly included in consolidated reporting package.
- Provide useful analysis of the monthly financial reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Planning and Forecasting
- Support development of annual operating plans and monitor results.
- Support financial forecasts (P&L, BS and Cash Flow).
- Participate in development of corporate plans and forecasts.
- Will lead by example, proactively and effectively interacting with all levels of staff and Senior Leadership.
- Provide financial leadership and guidance to PTI Management team.
- Information Systems
- Ensure integrity of actual and plan data in system.
- Develop reporting capabilities to meet management needs.
- Work with IT group and HQ accounting to optimize information system for internal use.
- Internal Controls/Audit
- Develop and implement internal controls to meet requirements.
- Coordinate outside audit responsibilities for PTI North America.
- Participate in development of corporate internal controls and work with auditors.
- Work with Controller and tax counsel to meet all US tax and other government obligations.
- Participate in tax planning on special issues.
- Business Process
- Coordinate reviews of business processes to ensure effectiveness.
- Assist in corporate review of business practices.
- The ideal candidate will possess significant experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- This high energy, results oriented candidate will have very strong analytical skills with previous exposure working with International business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop, communicate, execute and manage well thought out project plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to use PC and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), presentation software (MS PowerPoint) Lotus Notes and SAP.
- Ability to learn new software packages as necessary.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company).
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A commitment to continuous process improvement.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office/factory environment
Supervised by: Corporate Controller
Type of Supervision received: Limited
Other contacts: Business leaders, other members of the corporate
PTI team, cross functional team members, banking contacts, government officials, outside agencies, auditors.
Work with PTI global management teams and enhances local decisions.
Member of Corp finance team.
Education: Accounting and/or Finance degree from an accredited college or university is required. A CPA, CMA , or MBA is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years accounting experience. Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication skills. Supervisory experience and ability to work well across functional responsibilities.
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee to this job.
Phillips & Temro Industries - 9 months ago