Job Summary and Description
Responsible for planning, supervising, and coordinating all the activities and operations of the Conversion Department at the Rose Quarter during conversions. Provide assistance to staff in accomplishing assigned department duties. Ensures completeness and accuracy of all event/building changeovers. Maintains organized work and storage areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with the Conversion supervisory staff to help manage the changeover crews during all major and/or dual conversions at the Rose Quarter.
• Oversees the day-to-day and event work responsibilities of the Conversion Department.
• Provides training in proper techniques and procedures of conversions, and proper use of conversion equipment.
• Assists with recruitment, training, and supervision of all personnel disciplinary actions.
• Oversees Conversions timelines, goals, quality-assurance, safety training of crews, and finds way to increase efficiencies and minimize property loss and/or damage.
• Schedules weekly and monthly Conversion work for staff and contracted labor to ensure that necessary labor needs are met on a daily, weekly, and per event basis. Track labor and execute department labor reports.
• Works with Conversion Manager to confirm event information and communicates to subordinates.
• Work closely with the ESS department to ensure seamless interactions between departments.
• Helps maintain and manage inventory control and proper storage of Conversion equipment, tools, and supplies as needed and works closely with Facility Services department to ensure that all equipment is maintained in excellent working order.
• Responsible for motivation and morale of Conversion crew.
• Works with Department Manager to procure any necessary equipment for the Conversions Department.
• Develops departmental policies and procedures, and implements same to insure that the highest possible standards of operations are met and sustained.
• Assesses crew performance to ensure timelines are met.
• Document and maintain records of conversions activities, including but not limited to personnel issues.
• Oversee part time and contract labor in completing sets in a timely and safe manner.
• Interpret and complete all requests from Conversion Manager, Event Management and Production Departments.
• Organize and maintain conversion equipment and storage areas.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Conversion Manager – Work closely with on scheduling, equipment needs and any disciplinary actions that need to be taken. Communicate and interpret event needs.
• ESS Supervisor – Coordinate with Supervisor to ensure seamless transitions from day to night
• Event Management – Communicate and interpret needs from department to ensure completion of proper sets.
• Production Management - Communicate and interpret needs from department to ensure completion of proper sets.
• Facility Services - Communicate any needs or repairs to facility services to ensure the safety and completion of event sets.
Key Measures of Success
• Exceptional maintenance of all Conversions equipment, tools, materials, labor and operational logs.
• Completion of conversions in an accurate timely and safe manner.
• Positive relationships interdepartmentally within company and with affiliated Rose Quarter businesses.
• Maintain positive morale and retention of part time crew.
• Clear understanding of OSHA & safety in a high-risk work environment.
• Strong leadership qualities as often leading large crews.
• Ability to oversee many tasks happening in concert and address any deficiencies
• Highly organize; detail oriented.
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Ability to comprehend and understand event manifests and auto CAD drawings to execute changeover completion.
• Strong background in managing personnel issues.
• Calm and professional demeanor in an often stressful environment.
• Ability to confidently lead a diverse group of employees
• Track record of positive relationships with co-workers, management and outside vendors/clients.
Req Create Date: