Responsible for the preparation of a variety of regular and modified food items and cooked and baked products for patients and other customers. Responsible for proper portion control and controlling waste. Cleans and sanitizes equipment and work area.
- Requests (and conserves) food and supplies necessary to perform assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of regular and modified food items using complex cooking methods such as baking, frying, roasting and broiling, following standard cooking and food safety/sanitation procedures.
- Follows recipes and adjust recipes as necessary to meet quantity and modified diet requirements.
- Sets up, serve, and garnish food items when requested.
- Ability to interpret detailed written/oral matters, prepare detailed written instructions, & perform various technical skills.
- Two years experience as a cook preferred.
- Able to operate a variety of food service equipment such as fryers, choppers, steamers, etc.
- ServSafe certification required within 6 months of employment.
DCH Health System - 8 months ago
As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, DCH Health System is committed to providing quality health care services to all residents...