SAMLARC is seeking a responsible individual to work part time performing weekend and evening parks & facility inspections. The primary work schedule will include Sundays and evenings.
Under general supervision of the Parks & Facility Operations Manager, assist with facility management responsibilities such as monitoring vendors, contractors, operational personnel and facility users. The primary responsibility of this position requires inspection of parks and recreation facilities on Sundays and evening hours. Enforces Park use guidelines and Park use permits. Prepares and submits maintenance and repair work orders. Participates in the implementation of community wide special events and recreational programming.
This position reports directly to the Facility Administrator of Parks and Facility Operations.
• Monitor sub-contractors, instructors and volunteers, in the areas of performance, compliance with contracts, and supply purchases.
• Oversee vendor’s compliance with contractual agreements, and communicate all concerns and/or issues to the Facility Administrator and/or Coordinator.
Co-ordinate, Supervise, Administer all Facility Usage:
• Assist in monitoring Policies and Guidelines.
• Respond to homeowner inquiries regarding facility usage.
• Responsible for registering, recording, and monitoring facility rentals.
• Assist in the implementation of all Association and Merit sponsored community events.
• Responsible for all front desk operations. Including but not limited to telephone, clerical activities, interfacing with residents, etc.
• Handle customer service calls and issue related work orders, in accordance with established procedures.
• Receive all material delivered to the onsite office, process it, and forward to the responsible parties.
• Verify resident card access identification, provide card information relative to lost, replaced or change of status cards and regularly maintain modem connections to all park facilities.
• Maintain lost and found depository.
• Registration and supervision of all boating activity, including but not limited to inspections, insurance requirements, and membership.
• Monitor and report any violators of the policies and guidelines to the appropriate Property Administrator, Supervisor and/or Manager of Operations.
• If applicable, monitor the rental and maintenance of all boats.
• Co-ordinate and attend as requested by the Supervisor, Manager of Operations and/or Executive Director meetings and functions.
• Handle all functions outlined in the Procedural Manual
• Assist with Board meeting preparation and clean up as necessary.
• Assists homeowners with architectural requirements
• Keep all filing current and maintain well-organized files.
• Responsible for all moneys collected from boat rentals, facility and equipment rentals.
• Deliver all invoices to Merit in a timely fashion for payment
• Performs weekly inspection of all park facilities to check for and ensure compliance with policies and guidelines
• Responsible for walkthroughs of all park facilities, and to direct responsible vendor for repairs and in accordance with budget guidelines.
• Conduct research for facility maintenance vendors, supplies, equipment, elements of Reserve Study projects and other items as deemed necessary. Compile all information and report results to the Facility Administrator, Coordinator and/or Manager in written format.
• Provide input to Facility Administrator changes in maintenance, repairs, purchases or policies that may decrease liability, enhance homeowner satisfaction, or benefit the association fiscally.
• Verbal ability to effectively communicate with homeowners, vendors, Board members and management staff.
• Must be able to hear in order to receive telephone calls and voice mail messages.
• Must be mobile in order to move around operational facilities to perform inspections, provide vendor oversight and monitor facility users.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Maintains a positive relationship with the Director, Manager, Facility Administrator and co-workers, who are responsible for the overall management function.
• Must be knowledgeable and adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Must be able to independently answer and place telephone calls.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Associates Degree or equivalent with emphasis in Recreation or a closely related field; five hundred (500) to one thousand (1,000) hours of group recreational activity leadership, property management and/or facility maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have use of vehicle, possess current drivers license and state mandated vehicle insurance with Merit listed as certificate holder.
• First Aid and CPR certificate within 6 months.
Flexible weekday & weekend work required.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -