Position : Assistant Coordinator for Championships and Alliances.
Basic Function : This position is responsible for the general coordination of the administrative requirements of selected championships and for assisting with the administration of other sports committees as needed; as well as project/core service duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Administer duties for assigned championships and sports committee:
Manuals - Assist in annually updating and revising the handbook, host operations, tournament and committee manuals.
Electronic correspondence – Prepare and disseminate memorandums, letters, supplements, minutes, agendas, certificates, reports and sports/committee documentation as assigned to institutions, conferences, officials, volunteers and sports committees.
Meeting coordinator - Act as liaison to the Short’s Travel department for coordination of committee travel, hotel and meeting arrangements for Annual Committee Meetings, Championship Selections, and Championships. Prepare meeting agendas, supplements and other materials for committee meetings. Coordinate conference calls with sports committees, hosts, and institutions.
Host reporting system - Annually enter championship information into the host reporting system; track receipt of proposed budgets, and assist in questions pertaining to the budget system.
Key contact system – Annually enter championship information into the key contact system for bid documentation; track receipt of forms and assist in questions pertaining to the key contact system. Distribute forms as needed.
Championship forms – Annually update facility evaluation forms, and update automatic qualification forms. Track receipt of all forms and distribute as needed to the committee and sports managers.
Polls - Participate in conference calls; prepare press releases in NCAA style and distribute to the communications and publishing departments, and send a copy of the poll to each. In addition, staff poll calls when administrator is unavailable.
Selections meeting and preliminary-round competition - Assist in preparation of agenda; provide assistance as needed during selection conference calls; prepare press release and bracket and distribute to appropriate individuals; contact selected teams with participant information; notify site representatives and officials of preliminary-round assignments; ship hosting information packets to preliminary sites; and coordinate shipping of Coca-Cola product, awards, sports equipment and IMG programs to final sites
Selection shows – Prepare information for Internet/television selection shows as needed.
Insurance certificates - Track submission of insurance certificates and forward to appropriate NCAA staff; follow-up with telephone calls if certificates are not received prior to championship.
Awards – Complete order for awards annually. After the championship monitor additional award orders.
- Championships hotel and tickets management -- manage ticket requests and headquarters hotel room list for NCAA staff, committee members and media for selected championships. Work closely with host site's ticket office and headquarters hotel sales contact beforehand and confirm billing afterward.
Order committee gifts and volunteer apparel.
- Coordinate ordering and distribution of credentials and participant pins.
- Maintain sports sponsorship lists.
Maintain contact information for committees.
Accounting – Code and approve billing through the Markview System; submit expenses for officials and committee members; prepare check requests and deposits as needed.
Travel as assigned to championships to serve in needed rolls which may include: media coordinator, hospitality, community engagement, student-athlete banquet and awards ceremony, ancillary events, hotel, or administrative work at the championship.
Administer departmental duties and responsibilities:
Provide assistance to membership and general public pertaining to championships and the Association through phone inquiries and e-mail correspondence.
Electronic Correspondence – Prepare and disseminate memorandums, letters, supplements, minutes, agendas, certificates, reports and sports/committee documentation as assigned to institutions, conferences, officials, volunteers and sports committees.
Maintain files and manage task assignments in the SharePoint system.
Post documentation and information on the NCAA.org website.
e. Training responsibilities for new hires.
f. Additional departmental duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements :
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills
3. Willingness to assess processes and systems in order to explore continuous improvements.
4. Strong organizations skills.
5. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work with little or no supervision, quickly and under pressure.
7. Ability to balance multiple responsibilities, including independent ownership of projects.
8. Ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
9. Creativity in daily problem solving.
10. Mastery of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
11. Ability to create complex documents and presentations in Word and PowerPoint from concept to final production.
12. Ability to prepare analyses in Excel in appropriate detail with production and presentation-level qualities.
13. Excellent data management skills.
14. Excellent office skills, including accurate typing (at least 60 words-per-minute), word-processing experience and ability to operate various office machines.
15. Excellent telephone skills/etiquette.
16. Flexibility and adaptability (desired).
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Business degree.
2. Post high school education or minimum of five years work experience.
3. Project management experience.
4. Extensive experience with SharePoint.
5. General familiarity with intercollegiate athletics.
Principal Contacts :
a. Distribution center staff - Coordination of work projects for copying, mailing or shipping.
b. Accounting staff - Coordination of financial reports, check requests and deposits.
c. Publishing staff - Coordination of preparing printing projects for selected championships.
d. Travel coordinator - Coordination of team travel expenses forms for selected championships.
f. Media coordinator - Coordination of media projects for selected championships.
g. IT staff – Work with the IT staff as needed.
h. Liaisons for miscellaneous committees.
a. Sports committees - Coordination of different aspects of the championships, travel arrangements, conference calls and regional rankings.
b. Short’s Travel Management staff. Coordination of travel and meeting arrangements .
d. Tournament directors – Coordination of championships.
e. The membership and general public – Assisting with specific telephone inquiries.
f. Coaches and athletics directors – Assisting with many specific telephone inquiries.
g. Governing bodies – Assisting specific telephone inquiries.
About the NCAA: The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and...