Lead /assist in activities within the Customer Marketing Department to include Trade Finance and Customer Service. Vital player within team that is key conduit for communication between field sales, our customers and all internal functions.
Key Objectives for the Customer Marketing Department:
- Develop / drive strategic plans to the field that deliver business objectives
- Communicate the field and customer perspective to the Business Units
- Work with the marketing function to deliver customer presentations and category specific solutions
- Lead the customer planning process with the field
- Owns the Trade Budget – works to optimize trade spend to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Report the execution against sales controllables (MAPS)
- Develop / provide tools that enable Sales Team to achieve objectives
Assist / lead in the following 1) create initiatives to drive sales efforts, 2) deliver impactful sales presentations, analysis and insights, with conclusions and recommendations and 3) successfully lead new item launches with the field.
Collaborate with Sales Team on development and execution of sales and marketing plans at retail to help them achieve their budgeted goals.
Collaborate with the TMC Marketing team to help achieve their budgeted goals, providing analysis on retailer POS, competition, and trends.
Budget, track and report on Sales and Trade spending.
Develop / provide tools that enable field sales to deliver objectives. Review of data access tools (i.e COGNOS, TABS etc.) and processes to ensure we are operating in an efficient manner. This includes interaction with outside sources, data verification and leading the training effort for end users.
Interact with Senior Management, Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Retailers as required.
Assist / lead the planning and execution of Sales meetings, ECRM, NACDS, BOD, etc.
MVI, TABS, AC Nielsen, IRI, COGNOS, Forecasting, POS, Trade Shows, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS degree in business or marketing. MBA preferred.
- 2-3 years of field sales experience, preferably within CPG industry.
- Ability to work independently but also can function in a team environment.
- Analytical experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago