Responsible for assisting and supporting the Customer Service Manager in customer service, sales and branch operations. Understands, communicates and works to achieve the mission of the Bank. The regulations implementing the Secure and Fair Enforcement (S.A.F.E.) Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
- Responsible for fostering growth of relationships within the Bank. Participates in selling and cross-selling Bank products.
- Performs operational functions required to maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines (i.e., customer/branch research, monitoring completion of back office duties, reporting, etc.).
- Assists and relieves in various customer service functions.
- Provides superior customer service. Handles customer service problems using established policies/procedures.
- May assist Customer Service Manager with branch personnel issues such as employee counseling, balancing and scheduling.
- Assists the Customer Service Manager in performing self-audits (i.e., certifications).
- Assists in the job training and cross-training of the customer service staff.
- Supports Branch management in the branch marketing and sales effort.
- Supports Branch management in ensuring that branch personnel comply with all rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Two to four years of branch operations experience including cash handling experience.
Field of Experience
- High level of knowledge and competency in use of PC-based computer systems.
- Customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Operate office equipment
- Use of personal computer
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...