Our bank is built on exceptional people like you who are genuinely committed to providing their personal best every day for our customers. Since 1905, Mechanics Bank has been a leading independent community bank. We are one of the largest banks headquartered in the Bay Area and we're still growing. We're looking for more great employees. If you make our team, you'll join the best of community banking. We offer a wide range of automatic and elective benefits and programs to support your personal needs and financial goals.
Under general supervision, assists with the supervision of Customer Service Representatives (CSR's) in performing their duties in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures. Directs and leads CSR’s, providing assistance on more complex transactions, and ensuring a high level of customer service. Handles CSR schedules, manages workflow. Receives and resolves customer complaints.
Essential/Required Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and directs the activities of the Customer Service Representatives to meet schedules, deadlines and other Bank requirements in a manner that provides superior customer service. Assists the CSM with work flow to create smooth operations including before and after hour assignments.
• Directs, guides, and coaches CSRs. Addresses performance issues, including providing input on performance evaluations, interim performance discussions, and performance counseling.
• Handles, resolves, or refers customer issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Approves CSR transactions requiring authorization; resolves operating problems, approves exceptions within established authorities and limits.
• Assists the Customer Service Manager with daily operational duties including performing dual control functions, balancing general ledger accounts, cash control, and other tasks as assigned by the CSM.
• Provides comprehensive deposit services to individuals and basic deposit services to fiduciary and businesses. Assists customers with account maintenance, on-line banking, and other basic account issues. Provides basic information regarding other Bank products and services. Assesses customer’s needs, and makes appropriate referrals to internal and external business partners.
• Conducts operational self-audits under the direction of the CSM.
• Performs CSR duties.
• Opens deposit accounts, as required.
• In the absence of the Customer Service Manager, assumes responsibilities for Retail Office operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
We offer a full range of benefits to support the financial goals and personal needs of our employees and their families. See Benefits and Programs link on our Careers page.
Salary commensurate with experience.
No relocation, no agencies, please.
Mechanics Bank is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Essential/Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
• Thorough knowledge of retail office operations, including complex transactions.
• Leadership ability to guide and direct CSRs and Senior CSRs.
• Skill in dealing with client issues under stressful situations.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
• Excellent organizational skills to direct workflow and provide consistent scheduling to ensure complete office coverage.
• Knowledge of deposit products and services to discuss terms and conditions and to open accounts.
• Sound knowledge of Bank’s established policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of applicable Federal and state banking regulations.
Customer Service Manager
The Mechanics Bank operates more than 30 branches serving the San Francisco Bay and greater Sacramento areas of California. It...