Job Title: Assistant Dean, Masters Programs
Location: 1 Education Street, Boston
Reports To: Associate Dean of students
Hult International Business School offers MBA, Executive MBA, Master, and Bachelor business-focused programs. With its global campus network in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and a rotation center in New York, Hult provides students with an unrivaled global perspective. Hult is ranked in the Financial Times Top 5 for International Business and International Experience (2014).
The Assistant Dean plans, organizes and carries out day-to-day operations supporting the Associate Dean and coordinating with the Registrar. The Assistant Dean counsels students on academic and non-academic issues and typically serves as a resource and referral source for students seeking various types of assistance. This position involves a great deal of interaction with students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. The Assistant Dean reports to the Dean and has no direct reports.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Dean in the administration of Hult programs and student affairs.
- Acting as a first point of contact between students and the school administration. In this capacity, the Assistant Dean acts as a pulse taker among the students in order to anticipate any problems or conflicts that may arise and that the administration may address and solve before they actually become problems; thus, serving both as an advisor to the students and a member of the Hult administrative team; lending an sympathetic ear to students, while serving as an advocate for the school.
- Advising Hult students on electives and program-related matters; arranging for tutoring, English-language, and other academic assistance.
- Facilitating effective teamwork, including the resolution of inter-personal, cultural, or social conflicts that impede such teamwork.
- Counselling Hult students on personal, family, emotional, and cultural issues; arranging for professional or medical assistance as needed thus serving as a resource and referral source for students seeking various types of assistance.
- Setting up a tutorial system, including recruiting and supervising tutors.
- Acknowledging and addressing student problems when these occur. Investigating the cases as needed by reviewing course activity, speaking with faculty, other students and/or other staff related to the problem.
- Collaborating with the Dean and administrative departments and stakeholders in an effort to oversee the academic program and ensure the quality and availability of all faculty and student support services.
- Assisting the Dean in general coordination efforts with other campus locations.
- Assisting the Dean in the formulation of campus academic policies and procedures.
- Participating in meetings either in person or via teleconference as required by the daily operation of the school.
- Carrying out emergency and contingency planning.
- Assisting the Dean in the execution of his or her duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a related field and five to seven years' progressively responsible work experience
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize work in order to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal interactions, individually and to groups
- Cultural sensitivity, as daily work will take place among a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty members
- Experience with issues in higher education
- Ability to utilize creative conflict management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as a member of a team
- Adaptability, efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent at cultivating and maintaining relationships
Start date: Late August 2014
Please note that you must have the right to work in the US to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, London, Dubai, San Francisco & Shanghai. The School's mission is to transform lives by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world. Hult is affiliated with EF Education First.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Hult International Business School - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard
He said: "Hult strives to provide an open learning platform that fosters an easy exchange of ideas, intellectual growth and innovation....