Mastery Charter Schools is seeking dynamic and passionate Assistant Deans of Students to lead our urban school turn-around efforts in Philadelphia. The Assistant Dean of Students will collaborate with the culture leadership team to ensure high expectations for student behavior. The Assistant Dean will execute a plan for student entry to school, lunch period, assemblies, dismissal, and classroom transitions. The Assistant Dean of Students reports directly to the Assistant Principal of School Culture and works in conjunction with the culture team to ensure the academic and social-emotional success of each student at his/her Mastery Charter Campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Assistant Principal for School Culture, ensuring a high achievement culture
- Maintaining databases and up to date student information on attendance, discipline and merit records
- Executing decisions based on reasonable judgment that strives to provide fair and equitable treatment and consideration for all students
- Maintaining and monitoring safety and order by being accessible and visible in hallways, classrooms, during arrival/dismissal of students, lunch periods, after school programs including detention, homework club, etc.
- Supporting discipline for up to 800 students with a restorative justice model
- Act as first line of communication to parents who have questions or appeals regarding discipline issues
- Monitor and recognize student achievement
- Work closely with Deans to ensure consistency in discipline across the school; meet weekly with culture leadership team to discuss school wide issues, trends, and upcoming events
- Problem solve with the school social worker to address school wide behaviors with a focus on being more proactive than reactive; provide written feedback about individual students as needed
- Keep a constant stream of information flowing to teachers about their advisees and any action taken with students
Education and Experience:
- General computer competency
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with urban youth
Physical Requirements: Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as maneuvering in classrooms and office space-reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls; Must be able to sit for up to two (2) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Mastery Charter Schools - 19 months ago
Mastery is a growing non-profit charter school network recognized nationally for our work in school turnarounds and dramatic student...