"INGREDIENTS FOR GROWTH" INTERNAL CAREERS PROGRAM AVAILABLE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Assistant Department Head
North Kansas City, MO
North America Sweetener & Industrial Solutions
Ingredion Incorporated has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual as an Assistant Department Head. This position manages activities of both hourly employees and salaried shift supervisors in accordance with daily productivity, quality and safety goals. This position also ensures compliance with other plant policies including HACCP, GMP, Food Safety, etc. as well as supports production scheduling. The Assistant Department Head also directs planned maintenance activities. This position also covers supervisor vacancies as needed.
Yes- Has direct responsibility for hourly union employees
- Ensure compliance with all Plant Rules
- Ensure compliance with all plant productivity requirements
- Ensure operators are accountable to their job requirements
- Schedule manpower as operations dictates
- Coordinate/Support compliance with production schedule requirements
- Support plant cost control initiatives & measures
- Coordinate/Support Plant Loss Accounting (OEE) systems
- Support outside departments, including the lab and maintenance
SHE & Quality
- Support all safety and quality initiatives, including performing investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all plant safety procedures & guidelines.
- Ensure plant safety training requirements are completed for the department.
- Complete/Execute all required safety & environmental inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all Incident & Accident Investigation/ Corrective Action Requirements.
- Ensure Workforce compliance with all plant quality procedures & guidelines.
- Ensure all production activities are performed in accordance with all ISO and GMP requirements.
- Ensure ISO documents are current and reflective of department practices.
A gility and Innovation
- Supports continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Generate process improvement ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ensures team adaptability, flexibility, and readiness to change.
- Professionally lead and manage production requirements with direct reports
- Create an environment conducive to teamwork on shift and with other supervisors
- Participate in and/or lead teams
- Coordinate completion of new hourly employee training programs
- Support employee coaching & counseling guidelines
- Support HR progressive discipline program
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement between USW & Ingredion Incorporated
- Support salaried performance management system & agreed requirements
- Support Plant Management Communication Programs (MEI, Supervisor Development Conference, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field OR 5 years of demonstrated effective supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiar with SAP
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Assertive, creative, energetic and positive thinking
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with little direction and lead others in a challenging, dynamic union work environment
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to affect change through influence and good communication
- Willing to challenge the status quo for continuous improvement
- High level of integrity, sincerity, and humility
- Proactive and innovative with a strong will to succeed
Ingredion Incorporated is proud to provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) with a generous company match, a pension plan and long term career growth potential.
Ingredion - 19 months ago
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...