Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Digital Business Manager to join our team. Only local candidates need apply as there is no relocation assistance for this position.
To support the digital business team by assisting with the day-to-day management of the digital product line, the product development process, and the marketing process. In addition to supporting Brand and Business team leadership on product and project development, this position may also be involved in researching, analyzing and making recommendations regarding current market trends.
Managers and staff within:
- Magic Digital Business Team
- Magic Brand and Marketing Teams
- Magic Digital Studio Producers and Project Managers
- Magic Research & Development
- Organized Play
- Game Support
This position has no direct reports.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and manages merchandising, marketing, and community content and calendars for the Magic Digital brands
- Manages and analyzes digital product sales and inventory, focusing on metrics based decisions that optimize conversion and retention
- Helps manage the product specification process, ensuring that products meet our requirements, performance and quality expectations, and business goals
- Works with Finance and business intelligence contacts to help the Business Manager and Sr. Business Manager form actionable BI queries and plans
- Provides prioritized product specifications to production and R&D teams
- Analyzes products and/or processes from a competitive standpoint
- Works with customer support group to ensure that internal or external customer issues are resolved
- Identifies and anticipates internal or external customer and consumer requirements, expectations and needs.
- Coordinates promotional activities through marketing department
- Works with the web teams and business intelligence teams to refine website instrumentation
- Makes recommendations for product strategy (preparing for line review presentations, product plans, pricing, positioning, market needs and forecasting)
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue
- Experience managing a digital brand preferred
- Financial or eCommerce background a plus
Education and Training:
- Minimum 1 year experience in marketing/business/ecommerce
- BA/BS concentration in Business or related coursework highly desirable
Prior Related Experience:
- Experience aligning retail/digital marketing and analog/digital play experiences
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Tactically detail oriented, logistically competent, and process oriented
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HTML desired
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
Normal office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...