Process all charitable gifts to HBU in a timely manner, ensure constituents are regularly and personally thanked, and enable the accurate distribution of scholarships.
Manages all gifts processing and stewardship and is personally responsible for: 1) the timely processing of all charitable gifts to HBU including but not limited to: one-time, gifts in kind, and multi-year pledges; 2) manages the accuracy of data for the awarding of donor scholarships and the student thanking process; 3) creating and generating accurate personal stewardship reports for key HBU donors annually.
• Approachable: teachable, accountable
• Optimistic: views work as more than a job
• Team player: owns role in the context of a strong team
• Servant: here to help and get it done attitude
• Flexible: especially with people
• Responsible: owning and meeting deadlines
• Initiator: does not have to be told what to do
Skills and abilities
• Detailed and efficient, logical, with the ability to think critically
• Strong knowledge of Excel and general databases must; Banner data base knowledge a plus
• Relates personally and is approachable to a variety of constituencies
• Communicates complex issues in an uplifting and positive manner
• Possess the ability to focus on repetitive tasks
Goal: all gifts processed and acknowledged within 48 hours.
Processes and manages all charitable contributions: including all credit card transactions, assigning fund designation and entering information into Banner.
Reconciles all gift information in Banner upon receiving copies of all gifts.
Creates new records for donors not currently in Banner, and requests new designations to be set up by Accounting for new gifts.
Processes in-kind gift donations, including mailing the IRS form 8283, as requested.
Generates thank you letters including the 5k and above letters for the Senior Director of Advancement’s review/approval and manages the follow through.
Handles all aspects of the multi-year pledge processes from the student calling program: receipts, thank you, and pledge reminders to ensure maximum pledge fulfillment.
Enters and manages matching gift applications, including filling out forms and obtaining signatures and notifies donors of matching gifts contributions received on their behalf.
Maintains hard copies of donor files, gift batch reports, pledge forms and gift reports.
Scholarship processes and thanking
Goal: manage UA side of annually awarded scholarships to ensure donor desires are met and creates an environment and meaningful process for students to personally thank our donor base.
Serves as liaison to the Financial Aid office by providing accurate and comprehensive data/lists of endowed and funded scholarships for the allocation/awarding processes to ensure donor desires are fulfilled by Financial Aid.
Manages the student scholarship thank you letter project: including printing, sorting, matching donor reps with appropriate student letter, and mailing.
Point of contact to ensure the Endowed Scholarship event/program is supported with accurate data and information to ensure success (other UA staff will plan this event).
Goal: ensure key individual donors and foundations are regularly thanked through a personalized gift “impact report(s)” detailing how their contributions were used to support the HBU mission.
Creates, manages and distributes (either by mail or providing report to Development Officer for personal delivery) all “impact/stewardship reports” for key individuals.
Interfaces with and supports VP of Advancement, Senior Director and Advancement Officers to ensure constituents are receiving impact reports.
Provides regular reports to the Senior Director of Advancement on the process and progress of stewardship/impact reports.
Interfaces with appropriate staff to ensure accuracy of gifts reported and works with University Communications to create appropriate narrative stories for impact reports.
Other duties as assigned:
Assists the Director of Advancement Services on donor research and qualification.
Specialty group support: American Museum Society, Museum of Southern History—serves as point of contact for lists.
Assists the Director of Advancement Services with mailing donor tax-year gift statements annually in January.
Assists the Director of Advancement Services to ensure data integrity in Banner, specifically through identifying duplicate entries and bad addresses. Maintains and updates electronic constituent records. Directs lost address searches and address changes in tandem with student workers.
Assists the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement with front office responsibilities (including, but not limited to, answering the Advancement telephone)
• Bachelor’s degree a must; preferably in accounting, business administration or related field
• Two to four years of development, gifts processing or general ledger/accounting experience
• Tasks may involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work. This may involve some lifting, carrying, moving, pushing and/or pulling of objects/materials of light weight (15-20lbs.)
• Works occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
• Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
Houston Baptist University - 5 months ago