Job Description Summary
The Assistant Director provides career counseling and guidance for undergraduate students and alumni/ae. Specifically responsible for working in collaboration with the entire Center for Career Development team to build strategies that support the office’s integrated and holistic approach to career development; working with other counselors to deliver developmentally appropriate career advice and job search resources; and suggesting and participating in the planning and delivery of career topics and seminars.
- Provides individual and group student advising on career development and job search strategies which includes supporting students to develop and continually refine a job search strategy/marketing plan for both internship and full-time employment; guides, assists, and holds students accountable in the achievement of set goals.
- Supports student preparation for job search by critiquing marketing materials and conducting mock interviews; partners with industry representatives to deliver connections for students to real time career advice; and develops effective educational programs and tools for domestic and international career searches.
- Works with CCD team to design and deliver workshops, experiences, and other programs that focus on relevant career topics, including industry and function-specific issues. This includes working closely with student clubs to improve their effectiveness in educating students about specific career paths; co-developing programs as necessary; and engaging with communities of interest related to assigned areas of focus (including faculty).
- Collaborates with the Associate Director, Corporate Relations to stay current on industry and employer trends; monitors employer and student satisfaction and implements improvements as necessary; and researches key industry trends and opportunities affecting undergraduate hiring and shares that information across constituencies.
- Functions as industry liaison for 3-4 areas of interest connecting students, faculty, employer and alumni through CCD to each other.
- Provides guidance and oversight to Peer Career Advisor program; advises student leadership and communicates goals, programs, and engagement opportunities to CCD staff.
- Represents Babson College at external functions related to student needs, alumni, business, and professional development; represents CCD on various committees, and serves as liaison to specific departments. Shares Babson best practices with external community through presentations, publishing, and event attendance.
- Contributes to the marketing of the Center for Career Development to increase the visibility and brand of the office and to inform the College community about career initiatives. Authors and edits department publications and electronic correspondence to internal audiences.
- Assumes responsibility for the ongoing development, management, and execution of special projects and programs as determined by the Director.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- At least 4-6 years of experience within a higher education environment preferred
- Familiarity with and appreciation of career development principles and practices
- Experience with web technologies including webinar delivery and social media
- Ability to track, measure, and deliver value-added program results
- Ability to work across internal and external programs/departments/constituencies and to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation, marketing, and counseling skills
- Customer service orientation
- Proactive, self-motivated, entrepreneurial spirit