American Board of Medical Genetics Certification in Cytogenetics or Molecular Genetics; (Board Certified or Board Eligible).
Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
Post-doctoral fellowship experience in relevant discipline.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
The Assistant Technical Director provides technical, operational and financial leadership for their assigned laboratory section. He/she sets the professional standard by which the section operates. The Assistant Technical Director establishes the working environment in conjunction with established hospital and departmental policies. And strictly adheres to and enforces those policies. Provides technical leadership for daily operations and strategic planning.
• Performs the interpretation of complex testing, signs out diagnostic reports and provides appropriate consultation to the ordering clinicians
• Develops new diagnostic assays using existing and new technologies as determined by Laboratory Director. Is responsible for the research and development of these assays, clinical validation and implementation as a routine test.
• Reviews all procedures and makes additions and corrections as necessary
• Evaluates new methods, techniques or equipment and makes recommendations to the director
• Serves as a technical resource throughout organization and professional community
• May publish/present scientific presentations/papers
• Takes a leadership role in the continuing education of the section staff. Creates and presents self-developed programs and identifies and enables continuing education opportunities.
• Identifies own learning needs and partners with the director or other CHOP resources for remedy.
• Participates in national and local professional organizations.
• Assures that all licensing and accreditation requirements are in full compliance.
• Assures that the section proficiency is fully compliant.
• Identifies quality assurance markers and assures participation in the department’s Quality Assurance program.
• Is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and professional work environment that has an efficient workflow.
• Motivates and mentors the staff to achieve high quality, high efficiency and high morale
• Constantly reviews and improves systems to achieve optimal operation and institutional goals
• Demonstrates a leadership presence in the face of change, crisis, conflict and problem solving
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 21 months ago
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...