Position: Assistant Director for Employer Engagement, Lundquist College Career Services
Term: 12-month, Fixed Term
Closing: Review of applications begins September 3, 2013; Open until filled
General Position Description: The Assistant Director, Employer Engagement position in the Career Services Office at the Lundquist College of Business has several areas of responsibility:
The Assistant Director for Employer Engagement reports to the Director, Career Services, Lundquist College of Business.
- Managing the outreach to and on-campus engagement of business community members, employers and alumni that result in internship and job opportunities for business students
- Managing and further developing a suite of virtual career services tools to benefit current students, alumni and employers and
- Providing career coaching and advising in one-one and small group settings to undergraduate and graduate business students to help them to become job-ready.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Employer engagement and events – 55%
Serve as a member of the Employer Development Team and work with the Assistant Director of Employer Development to:
Virtual Career Services
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with corporations, governmental agencies, non-profit organizations and others for the purpose of establishing ongoing job/internship recruitment and employer engagement opportunities with the College
- Provide individualized and innovative solutions to employers seeking to maximize their recruiting of Lundquist students
- Plan, implement and attend events to connect industry leaders, employers and alumni with our various populations of students
2. Individual career coaching and career workshops – 30%
- Manage existing virtual career service tools
- Identify and develop new tools to become part of a new Virtual Career Services
- Manage relationships with vendors of career service tools
- Attend community networking events among area business professionals and develop recruiting relationships with local employers; initiate outreach efforts through memberships and participation in professional associations to facilitate interaction between the business school and employers
- Work with the Communications & Recruiting Coordinator to oversee and provide guidance for hosting employer visits to campus, on-campus interviews, resume collects, and job listing
3. Foster internal relations with instructors/faculty, students, and other major stakeholders– 5%
- Assist undergraduate students (business majors, minors, and pre-business) and graduate students (MBA and Master of Accounting) with their career planning, exploration, and preparation
- Engage students in individual appointments with self-reflection, career investigation, job/internship search skill development, and the use of career exploration resources and effective search strategies
- Present job search skill workshops and facilitate career exploration panels presented by the office or upon request by student groups or faculty
4. Administration, employer database, reports and surveys – 10%
- Work with instructors/faculty to identify class projects and other opportunities for employer/alumni engagement
- Work closely with student groups to build engagement opportunities with employers and alumni, and track activities and outcomes
- Implement strategies to increase student participation in recruitment events
- Collaborate with colleagues (e.g. within Lundquist Career Services, Lundquist Centers of Excellence, UO Career Center) to create programs and initiatives to meet the career planning needs of students and the recruiting needs of employers
Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Administer and maintain CRM database
- Help to maximize CRM database capabilities
- Track, analyze and report relevant data on engagement with recruiters, students and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. interpersonal, written, public speaking)
- Proficiency using current applicable technology (MS Office, CRMs, presentation software, etc.)
- Professionalism, adaptability, and initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines, work independently and collaborate with colleagues
- A commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of and experience in career advising, recruiting/staffing, training/programming or related field with a record of impact and success
- An advanced degree (e.g. MBA or higher education/student affairs) from an accredited university
- Five + years of work experience in career advising, recruiting/staffing or related field with a record of making a positive impact
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases
- Experience in higher education, colleges of business, or complex business organizations
Salary range is $55,000-$65,000 plus the standard University of Oregon benefit package.
Application Procedures : Submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for 3 professional references via email to LCBJobs@uoregon.edu . Reference search # 13320 in the subject line of your email . To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by September 3, 2013. The position will remain open until filled.
An Equal-Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution Committed to Cultural Diversity and Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
University of Oregon - 8 months ago