Job Description Summary
The Assistant Director provides operational support for all undergraduate Honors and Presidential Scholarship students. Specific responsibilities include acting as the primary contact for Presidential Scholars and Honors Program students; managing the budget for all programs; overseeing of all administrative and logistical matters related to all programs; advising students; and scheduling of events.
• Responsible for the day-to-day administrative operation of the Honors Program. Works with the Faculty Director and the Honors Council to maintain a high quality academic and co-curricular experience for the Honors students.
• Advises students in the Honors Program which includes holding individual meetings with Honors participants every semester, engaging students to keep them connected with the program, and holding regular office hours.
• Manages the Honors Program budget.
• Manages selection process for new Honors Program members including outreach, invitation, interviews, and final notification.
• Manages the administrative process behind the honors project development and completion including final proposal completion dates; faculty liaison assignments; honors advisor training sessions; and mid-project review and final project completion dates.
• Oversees and coordinates all aspects of Honors Program events including sophomore retreat and Boston alumni visit as well as cultural, professional development, social events, and the annual honors banquet.
• Assists with the Honors Seminar logistics of enrolling students, securing classroom, proposal approval, and student notification.
• Coordinates election of Honors Program student representatives and meets with student representatives and program director for program planning and feedback.
• Coordinates the Summer London Program in collaboration with the Honors Program Director.
Presidential Scholar Program:
• Responsible for the design and delivery of the Presidential Scholars Program; works with all appropriate offices to create a high quality academic and co-curricular experience for the students.
• Acts as advisor to students in the Presidential Scholars Program which includes holding individual and group meetings; and engaging students to keep them connected with the program.
• Works with each cohort of Presidential Scholars to develop their annual Signature Scholar Experiences.
• Helps engage Presidential Scholar alumni who are interested in mentoring current Scholars
• Recruits and trains faculty and student mentors for the program.
• Develops and maintains a marketing strategy to promote and support the program which includes the developing a web presence; social media plan; and external publications.
• Develops and implements all appropriate assessment measures for the program.
• Provides support to the undergraduate curriculum as determined by the Director and/or Associate Director of Academic Services.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Master’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
• A minimum of 4-6 years of previous program management experience
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details
• Excellent interpersonal and counseling skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to be a self-starter, to multi-task, and to work with all constituencies
• Database management skills and supervisory skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Able to work with culturally ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
• Knowledge of scholarly standards and methodologies
• Occasional evenings and weekends
• Travel required very occasionally
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
Babson College - 22 months ago