The Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks an Assistant Director, International Recruitment. Under general supervision, this position will assist international undergraduate recruitment and international strategy development. Performs administrative functions by assisting with the planning, organizing and directing of the day to day operations and coordination of the international recruitment and enrollment efforts in assigned geographic markets.
Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
- Assist in all aspects of international strategy development and implementation
- Seek out and participate in student recruitment fairs. Work cooperatively with organizations such as Education USA, IIE and Council of International Schools to ensure they support our brand awareness efforts.
- Coordinate ASU support visits on and off campus when appropriate.
- Work in developing and implementing cooperative programs with universities and high schools around the world.
- Upon direction, implements strategies to market, counsel and enroll international first-time freshmen and transfer students to ASU degree programs.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates department programs.
- Conducts and assists with the development of long- and short-range goals.
- Develops, maintains, and implements department policies and procedures.
- Initiate name buys from TOEFL and SAT, Manage the communication strategy with student to optimize yield.
- Works with marketing and third party marketing vendors to carry out social media strategies, language translation of marketing materials, developing ASU websites in different languages, and other marketing strategies as needed.
- Upon direction, coordinates the activities and functions associated with the marketing and enrollment of international students within the office of undergraduate admissions, for all entry terms.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft and CRM information systems in support of new student enrollment goals for the international population. Records and monitors the effectiveness of international enrollment strategies and action items.
- Acts as liaison and develops strong relationships with, prospective students and their family members; Government officials; University and high school officials; and corporate leaders in assigned markets through a variety of electronic media, phone contact and face-to-face meetings.
- Serves as a representative of the University at state, regional and national organizations, boards, councils and committees as assigned.
Identify, cultivate and nurture relevant professional relationships to enhance recruitment/enrollment objectives (within community college/national organizations).
- Support campus based enrollment efforts in coordination with goals and objectives (Tempe, Poly, DPC, and West)
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM (occasional evenings and weekends may be required)
- Conducts analysis of enrollment data to ensure enrollment objectives and market presence levels are on goal and effective.
- Facilitates and conducts appropriate workshops, as determined by supervisor to prospective international students.
- Counsels and confers with students interpreting and providing program procedures, policies, goals and objectives.
- Provides assistance and advice regarding all prospective students to ensure seamless transition to university.
- Resolves problems and issues affecting the department and recommends measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions designated by supervisor.
- Collaborates and works with supervisor and enrollment management leadership to achieve university enrollment objectives for international students.
- Participates in other duties as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and six (6) years of related administrative experience, including three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR,Ten (10) years of related administrative experience, including three (3) years of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Demonstrated knowledge of: principles, practices and procedures pertaining to international admissions; of basic project management and organizational practices; ASU academic requirements and admission policies; student information systems in higher education; principles, practices, and methods of admissions, marketing and enrollment. Experience in: organizing, and prioritizing work activities; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; using personal computers and related software including Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel); producing reports of the analysis and evaluation of activities; working in an environment subject to regular interruptions, multi-tasking and re-prioritizing potentially conflicting assignments; working with a diverse audience. Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...