The Residence Life Assistant Director is a live-on full-time professional staff member responsible for operational functions of the department related to the overall development of a positive residential living-learning environment. The functions include, but not limited to, management of residence hall maintenance program, supervision of residence hall student-staff, and programming for students.
- Supervise Lake House and Husky Village Resident Directors.
- Provide on call support as part of the Residence Life crisis management team
- Maintain a safe, clean, friendly, and responsive environment within the residence halls
- Address all safety, conduct, and repair needs promptly keeping the Director of Residence Life apprised of issues in the area
- Assist the Operations department in addressing and monitoring residence hall damage/maintenance/custodial requests as necessary keeping detailed records of same
- Assist the Conference and Events staff with coordinating summer housing needs
- Assist the Associate Dean with residential conduct cases as needed
- Assist RDs and RAs with room/building inspections as requested or needed
- Work with students, parents, and staff in rectifying residence hall/apartment concerns and issues
- Complete all paperwork as assigned accurately and by the deadline
- Insure that keys and resident information is secured and readily available as needed
- Assist in selection, training, and managing of residence hall staff members in their area of responsibility
- Provide programming consistent with the residence life model
- Work with other Residence Life staff to design and execute programs and activities which will continually motivate and support the RAs
- Provide academic, personal, and social counseling/advising making appropriate referrals to University services
- Provide professional, courteous service towards all students, staff, guest, and visitors
- Be an active participant in the Residence Life Community
- Attend weekly staff meeting as scheduled by the Director of Residence Life
- Attend and/or schedule committee meeting as directed by the Director of Residence Life
- To fulfill the duties associated with the position and to have a reference for what students/residents are experiencing, applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree.
- Resumes must indicate a minimum of two years experience working in Residence Life (i.e.: RA, graduate assistant or other position) and a minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- This position requires the physical ability to navigate stairs to access each floor in the residence halls; to physical lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and to bend and stoop in order to file and reach shelves.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- A Master's degree in Higher Ed Admin/College Student Personnel or another closely related field.
Houston Baptist University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard