Charlotte School of Law (CharlotteLaw) seeks applications for an experienced Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for directing and coordinating the strategic communications, marketing, and public relations initiatives of the institution to help meet the goal of enhancing our brand reputation and increase our stakeholder engagement. This position will integrate the institution’s communications, marketing, and public relations programs and initiatives into a cohesive effort that conveys a consistent message in support of the institution’s mission, strategic goals, and objectives. The incumbent will serve as strategic advisor to the Director of Institutional Advancement, and other senior institutional leaders with respect to communications, public relations, publications, branding, and marketing initiatives.
This position will oversee website, social media, other digital marketing initiatives, and manage the development and production of the print newsletters, annual report, and other public communication vehicles. The incumbent reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and will supervise vendors, consultants and student workers.
The school is a member of The InfiLaw System ,
a consortium of independent law schools committed to making legal education more responsive to the
realities of new career dynamics. Its mission is to establish student-centered, American Bar
Association (ABA) accredited law schools in underserved markets that graduate students with
practice-ready skills, and achieve true diversity programs aimed at student academic and career
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and implement marketing and communication strategies including production of all printed and ad related materials.
- Provide leadership and direction on communication efforts to create a unified and positive image of the school.
- Maintain brand standard, message, graphic consistency by serving as primary point of approval for advertisements, publications, and other marketing materials.
- Serve as the institution’s chief liaison to the media; assess, monitor, manage, and respond to issues that place the institution in the public eye and leads internal message development across departments in response to external events.
- Coaches CharlotteLaw spokesperson for media interviews and provides talking points; identifies outside trainers, as needed.
- Develop, manage and maintain website content. Implement website marketing strategies including online catalogs, web content, collateral materials and online advertisements.
- Oversee the creative development and maintenance of layout and design, proofing and copy editing of all email campaigns, social networking sites, online advertising, and e-newsletters.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for Marketing and Public Relations. Train and supervise consultants, vendors and student workers. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications required; Master’s preferred.
- Previous marketing department management experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience with emphasis on marketing and public relations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary is commensurate with experience. CharlotteLaw offers a
- Understanding of current trends of marketing and advertising; planning, implementing and evaluating comprehensive marketing and communication plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and measure comprehensive communications program.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required due to high level interaction with students and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationship with leaders of the school and community.
- Strong web marketing and on-line/social networking communication skills; expand, maintain and oversee web presence, including blog activities, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Attention to detail and high sense of professionalism; exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- A strong commitment to Charlotte Law’s mission pillars of student centeredness, practice ready and serving the underserved.
- Experience in higher education, academic, or legal environment highly desired.
full benefits package .
For more information about Charlotte School of Law, please visit
If helping others and working in a dynamic workplace is what you feel passionate about and you are
looking for a new challenge and a chance to put your experience to work in an innovative environment
– Charlotte School of Law may be the place for you.
Please send a resume, the names of three references (including addresses and phone numbers) to
or via mail to:
Charlotte School of Law
2145 Suttle Avenue
Charlotte, NC, 28208
Charlotte School of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlotte School of Law - 11 months ago
Charlotte School of Law is committed to doing everything it can to ensure we obtain the status of a fully approved law school at the earlies...