Reporting to the Associate Director, this position serves as primary person responsible for planning and coordinating University events and outreach activities related to promotion of the University and recruitment of prospective students, and providing customer service to both internal and external contacts.
Plan and coordinate all University recruitment events and outreach activities.
Coordinate audience generation, communication initiatives, and responses to events.
Manage relationships with internal clients including Admissions, Student Financial Services, the Registrar, academic departments, and center directors for all events
Update and distribute master calendar and University Web calendar.
Serve as liaison with caterer and University Center Operations, and communicate relevant budget information to Account Executive
Manage event information on the Admissions customer relationship management system
Coordinate promotional item buying with Account Executive.
Oversee promotional item inventory in closet and attic.
Prepare and distribute event reporting
Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Goal oriented and self-starter.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system preferred.
- Ability to work in high volume/stress environment.
- Ability to work weekend and evening hours and some regional travel.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus 0 - 2 years experience (entry level)
Adelphi University - 15 months ago