Supervision Exercised: Oversee the management of DD and/or SHIP residences in assigned areas. Provide supervision to residential services program managers/program directors in clinical and administrative matters to ensure delivery of the highest quality supports to individuals served.
1. Ensure that the needs and wishes of BAMSI consumers are the primary goal and focus of service delivery in each program supervised. Utilize the full range of options to ensure appropriate and adequate staffing in programs at all times.
2. Provide direct supervision to each program manager/director at least two times monthly. Support program managers in working with staff and consumer issues.
3. Document supervision at least twice monthly and review with the program manager.
4. Review all ISP documentation and all documentation to be sent to DDS/SHIP and/or other vendors.
5. Work effectively with intra-agency departments and committees in fulfilling Assistant Director responsibilities and the mission of BAMSI.
6. Conduct monthly on-site review of each program, ensuring that the day to day procedures within the program are in compliance with regulations of DDS, SHIP, DPH, Survey and Certification, Family/Citizens Monitoring, Human Rights Monitoring, and BAMSI Quality Management.
7. Assist in the preparation of program budgets. Oversee administration of program budgets, including maintenance of financial records and the monitoring of time sheets to ensure compliance with agency and funding source requirements.
8. Represent the agency to external partners and interface with DMR, SHIP, other agency programs, external affiliated agencies, state and local officials, and other vendors related to services to consumers as needed.
9. Assist with revision of existing BAMSI developmental disabilities policies and procedures as well as make recommendations for new policies and procedures as needed to ensure the safety and quality of life for BAMSI consumers.
10. Participate in interviews, screen potential staff, and make recommendations for hiring. Oversee the assignment of duties for all staff.
11. Make recommendations for promotions, take disciplinary action and recommend demotions/ transfers/terminations for program managers, and assist program manager in the same for direct care staff.
12. Oversee and ensure the completion of job performance evaluations for all staff within supervision area. Monitor and ensure that ongoing supervision is provided to each employee in assigned programs. Support program managers in documentation process regarding promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, and/or terminations.
13. Oversee residential program maintenance and ensure compliance with regulations and health and safety standards.
14. Provide in-service for program managers on annual program goals and standards of service established in contracts. Establish effectiveness and efficiency goals for each program. Review monthly progress with the program manager.
15. Conduct and participate in program evaluations. Conduct investigations into program as needed and ensure implementation of recommendations from evaluations and incident reports.
16. Identify program manager training needs and assist program managers in identifying training needs for assigned programs. Assist in the development and presentation of training.
17. Participate in upper level management meetings and work cooperatively as part of a management team in planning for and providing residential, day and individual support services.
18. Assume rotating on-call responsibilities in assigned programs.
19. Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
20. Perform duties to reflect agency policies and procedures.
21. Perform other related work duties as needed or as assigned by supervisor or designee.