Education: Required: Masters in related field, such as,
counseling psychology, social work.
License eligibility in the state of Illinois. Crisis management experience. Significant counseling experience. Demonstrated multicultural competence. Experience in or knowledge of administration
in a mental health setting.
Preferred: Experience in a University Counseling Center
setting. Extensive crisis management.
1. Provide individual and group counseling and crisis
intervention (both during office hours and after hours)
2. Provide psychological consultation to
3. Provide leadership across campus for coordinating and
facilitating assigned mental health programming.
5. Attend weekly staff meetings
6.Conduct mental health/wellness outreach and assessment.
7. Attend continuing education workshops to maintain
license and remain current on issues of mental health
8. Provide administrative duties at the request of the
Director and/or in the Director’s absence
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director
Review of applications is underway and will continue
until on campus interviews are scheduled. Projected position start date by
Mid-August. A completed file consists of a letter of
interest, a vita, three references contact information, a transcript. Materials should be sent to Sandy Cox, EIU
Counseling Center 600 Lincoln Ave, Charleston, Illinois, 61920 or email@example.com.