The Department of Student Activities has an immediate opening for: Assistant Director of Student Activities. The Assistant Director will work under the direction of the Director of Student Activities and will be responsible for supervising students during structured and unstructured programs/events. The Assistant Director duties and responsibilities includes event coordination, assisting with program development, implementing and overseeing late-night and weekend events, summer activities and some community service planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate events and venues for students and campus organizations.
- Coordinate promotion and marketing efforts of all student-led activities.
- Create and implement recreational programming for several areas of the Student Center including the, Movie Theater, Bowling Center and Game Room.
- Create flyers and tickets for Student Activities events.
- Must be efficient with MS Office and other office software such as Publisher/Photoshop.
- Approve all advertisements (flyers) for student organizations to be posted campus-wide.
- Responsible for office related publicity, advertisement, and public relations.
- Maintain the Department Website and Events Calendar.
- Coordinator and assist with the annual major events such as Hampton University Homecoming events and Parade, Spring Fest, Parent’s Weekend and Informational Fair.
- Co-Coordinate Student Center Union Board, Campus Life Board, Commuting Students Organizations, and late-night and weekend alternative programming series.
- Act as an advisor to the Class Officers and assist with adding other student organizations.
- Assist with the daily activities of the Student Leadership Program.
- Maintain and assist with the On-line Triplicate Facility reservations process, which includes the scheduling of various events in the Student Center as well as other buildings within the campus.
- Maintain reservation confirmation correspondence for required department resources.
- Supervise all events in the Student Center, mid-day and evenings.
- Assist Student Activities staff by chaperoning all night events and activities.
- Serve as part of the office team in planning, advisement, and assessment of on-campus events, both small and large scale.
- Maintain and analyze routine reports.
- Provide assistance in other areas as needed.
- Work on weekends and evening office schedules as needed.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Carry out various duties upon the request of the Director of Student Activities.
Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
The Assistant Director candidates should have the abilities to manage multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, make rational decisions, function as part of a team, and have an understanding of and respect for university protocols and culture. Must also possess the ability to design and implement high-quality activities, programs and services for students. Essential skills should also include function as part of a supervision team, planning, presenting, training, team building, and proven leadership in promoting student development through innovative programming. Professional attitude, strong customer service skills, strong communication skills and advance computer software knowledge of MS Office/Outlook is expected.
Hampton University - 14 months ago