Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
Under supervision of the Senior Associate Director for Peri-Operative Services, provides assistance to Chief of Anesthesia in the operational functioning of perioperative services. Performs complex analyses utilizing multiple data bases such as Centricity, QMED, Unity, HANYS Market Basket and other relevant statistics to develop tracking systems and strategic plans to growth surgical and anesthesia services at the North Brooklyn Health Network.
• Provides assistance to the Chief of Anesthesia and Perioperative Services and the Senior Associate Director for Peri-Operative Services and informs parties of data trends related to optimizing revenue, productivity and expense reduction.
• Develops a dashboard that reports metrics such as block time utilization, cycle time, waiting time, cost/case, flow from specialty clinic intake to discharge from PACU, etc.
• Recommends logistical strategies for maximizing productivity in out-patient practices and the operating room.
• Collaborates with finance to optimize reimbursement for peri-operative procedures and develops P&Ls and follow-up performance tracking for new and existing peri-operative related initiatives.
• Assists in the collection and reporting of metrics for the perioperative VSA, VSST and related RIEs.
• Assists in the administration management of specified activities and functions. Carries out assignments and undertakes studies involving the total service center or specific patient services, including budget planning, cost studies/analysis, and preparing specific budgets.
• Assesses patient satisfaction, profiles trends using Press-Ganey data; collects and analyzes data needed as a basis for administrative and management decisions relative to various service line activities.
• Investigates and reports on patient and visitors complaints and performs special studies and investigations on operational units.
• Prepares and develops informational data to be used in presentations to professional and technical and support staff; collects action plans and monitors execution for the department.
• Plans, directs, supervises, coordinates, controls, and reviews work of subordinate administrative personnel relating to assigned tasks and projects in hospital care administration, hospital management and related fields.
• Attends staff meetings, inter-departmental conferences and represents the Executive Director, as well as the departmental administrator at inter-departmental functions and programs.
• Implements new programs and projects and monitors their operation and effectiveness.
• A Master's Degree in Arts or Science with a specialization in hospital administration, health care administration, administrative medicine or in public health when conferred for a program in hospital administration, from an approved college or university; or a Baccalaureate degree.
• An equivalent combination of training, education and experience in creating database applications to assist in strategic planning and business growth. A comfort level in translating numbers into business insights is preferred.
• General knowledge of policies and programs utilized in the operation of a health care facility, ability to assimilate and analyze data, to recommend action based on analytical findings, and to assist in the solution of complex problems in health care administration and management.
• Must have a comfort level in interpreting large data bases and working with all levels within the organization.
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Two (2) years of administrative experience or background.
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
Health and Hospitals Corporation - 8 months ago