Hire In Rate:
(for employees new to HHC)
Source of Funding:
Civil Service Classification:
Return to Previous Page
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is attuned to the healthcare issues that matter to the people of North Brooklyn. Woodhull focuses on preventing disease and promoting healthy lifestyles by reaching out to the community at 15 convenient locations.
Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center is a non-smoking facility.
• Directs the planning, preparation, design, development and modification of training and development programs to effectuate optimization of human and material resources.
• Formulates training policies and schedules, utilizing knowledge of identified training needs.
• Designates training procedures, utilizing knowledge of effectiveness of such training methods as individual coaching group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
• Selects or develops teaching aids, such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids and reference works.
• Assesses the trainers in the performance of their duties, makes appropriate recommendations regarding their performance and guides them to develop their proficiency and aptitudes.
• Reviews, evaluates and revises course content to reflect the latest trends and developments.
• Monitors regularly and frequently the progress of the unit, measures the contribution of individual team members, reports accomplishments of training and development objectives mandated by the Corporation to correct slippage in scheduled completion of project tasks.
• Performs research to define management and employee training needs and develops ways to strategically respond to these needs. Establishes clear, consistent and positive communications and relationships with key personnel within the organization.
• Demonstrates teaching methods to training personnel.
• May conduct training sessions as required.
• A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Public Health, Psychology, Personnel Administration, Management or Public Administration or a related approved discipline; and,
• Four years of progressively responsible experience in planning and manpower development and training programs, medical or public health administration, or other fields related to training, development and manpower analysis, of which at least one year must have been in a managerial, supervisory or administrative capacity related to the organization, formulation, development and implementation of such plans and programs; or,
• A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Management, Social Work, Medical Administration, Psychology, Personnel Administration, Public Administration or a related approved field, with three years of experience as described in (2) and one year in a managerial, supervisory or administrative capacity; and,
• Extensive knowledge of the principals of training and manpower development programs and ability to analyze and determine the needs of the Corporation; or,
• A satisfactory combination of training, education and experience indicating the ability to perform satisfactorily.
• All positions are subject to a background investigation.
Health and Hospitals Corporation - 12 months ago