Provide leadership and counseling for students and the OSV .
- Supervise the department assistant and student employees.
- Support the Director of Operations and Programs with career counseling efforts:
Administer and use online tools for Focus 2, Myers Brigg, and Strongs Inventory Assessment.
Conduct Strengths Coaching Sessions.
Conduct Freshman, Sophomore, and Undeclared Students career appointments (interview prep, resume and cover letter review, and career search.
Host on campus, high school students in an exploration and discovery visit about college life.
Coordinate with the Admissions office for Preview Day Fairs.
Manage Freshman Express Visit Program.
- Co-Host OSV on-campus events and external venues.
- Create and conduct annual focus groups, pre-event and post- event professional and student surveys, individual student interviews.
- Create and provide classroom presentations on social media and marketing.
- Supervise graphic designs for all OSV programs and events.
- Create and maintain OSV social media (Face book, LinkedIn, Blogs, and Twitter). Manage all online relationships with students, business, and internal PLNU connections. Research relevant content to share and reference. Research social media trends, marketing techniques and strategies.
- Mange all OSVweb content. Manage Media Digital Sign.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in Career Counseling and Higher Education Administration preferred. Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and Social Media.
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University.
- Knowledge of current practices of marketing design for both digital and print.
- Experience in working with vendors.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with internal and external users and various university departments about OSV services and programs.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, career support, and staff management.
- Ability to handle confidential and time sensitive information.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated record of strong research skills.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment; computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mails and other correspondence including written reports and reports on computer monitor. Listening and speaking skills to be used to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Ability to stand, to stoop, to push, pull, and lift up to 10 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard