The Assistant Director, Community Involvement Center will coordinate, maintain, and refine the programs, services, and resources offered by the Community Involvement Center, under the advisement of the Director. He/she will also support efforts of student leaders in community service and advocate and promote community service and volunteerism to the Rice University community.
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Full-time, professional experience managing domestic trip-based service programs (alternative breaks).
Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Valid Texas Driver's License (or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment) required with no more than three moving violations within the past 36 months and no convictions or deferred dispositions for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the past five years.
Other Skills Required
1. Demonstrated commitment to student community service.
2. Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
3. Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
4. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with Rice University students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Master's degree in student personnel or a related field.
Full-time, professional experience:
1. Coordinating campus service programs;
2. Advising student organizations; or
3. Developing and implementing service leadership programs.
Other Skills Preferred
1. Some physical labor required, including lifting and walking.
2. Ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
1. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
2. Occasional driving is required.
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; occasional nights and weekends; some programs require 24-hour, on-site participation for period of up to two weeks (Urban Immersion and Alternative Spring Break).
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 30+ days ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of t...