ASSISTANT NEWSCAST DIRECTOR - WXMI FOX17 is searching for an aggressive Assistant Director. If you want a job that doesn't require you to think, create or innovate, you're looking at the wrong company. But if you want a career that is challenging and allows you to strain and flex your brain muscles you've worked so hard to build--while having some fun as well--consider joining FOX 17. The broadcast news industry is evolving rapidly and you would have the chance to dive right in and make a difference.
- Assistant Direct and run robotics for live television broadcasts
- Coordinate Production team during live television broadcasts
- Set-up necessary equipment as needed in absence of studio crew
- Act as liaison between Producers, Reporters, Editing, Graphics, Photojournalists, Engineering and Production staff
- Monitor and assist maintenance of Audio, Playback, VIZ and Cameras for live television broadcasts
- Prepare and code shows into Ross OverDrive system using OPUS (ENPS)
- Direct and operate Ross OverDrive system during live television broadcasts
- Direct and record Promos, Cut-Ins and Topicals as needed.
- Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of production equipment, studio facilities, audio booth and control room
- Coordinate/supervise/direct any additional productions for Creative Services/Promotions
- Open a help desk ticket as soon as technical issues are detected and notify direct supervisor
- Contribute to team effort and positive morale in newsroom
- Other duties as assigned, including fill-in help
College education in television broadcasting and film and video production and/or 2-3 years experience in television production required. Apply on-line at www.tribune.com . EOE
Tribune Company - 20 months ago