Assists the Director of Health Sciences in the supervision of the instructional programs and the overall operation of the Allied Health Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises instructional programs in the Allied Health Department
• Provides oversight of the admission process for Allied Health programs
• Develops schedules for the credit classes for all programs
• Enrolls students for each semester to ensure that classes are taken as required
• Evaluates instructional effectiveness
• Develops recommendations for full-time and part-time faculty appointments and teaching assignments in coordination with program coordinators
• Coordinates the preparation and revision of syllabi for departmental course offerings
• Develops budgets/expenditures for the allied health programs in coordination with the division dean, department director and program coordinators
• Troubleshoots problems with students, instructors, and clinics
• Keeps faculty and staff current on changes in college standards and guidelines
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of experience working in a supervisory or administrative support position in a college or university setting, preferably in an area related to health professions
• Experience in an instructional leadership role
• Strong communications and human relations skills
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university
• Certification/license in an allied health program or other healthcare profession
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Special Instructions Summary
Submit a resume that includes experience with healthcare and administrative areas.
Tarrant County College - 23 months ago