To provide assistance to the Director of Campus Activities and Leadership in the management of the Student Affairs operations, including:
To collaborate with the Director to design, plan, implement, manage, and oversee all Campus Activities programming (off campus programs, on campus programs, activity center, and AMP leadership development).
- Communicate effectively with colleagues concerning pertinent divisional and university matters.
- Assist in select programs and special events.
- Collaborate with other offices throughout the university in running programs that assist all areas in meeting the University’s mission.
To collaborate with the Director to develop and implement standardized training for all student staff.
- Off Campus Programs:
- Work with student leaders to plan and implement open enrollment weekend activity trips, shuttles, and off campus events for the campus community.
- On Campus Programs:
- Work with student leaders in selection of talent and entertainment acts.
- Work with talent agents to negotiate, review and sign contracts.
- Work with students leaders to plan and implement on campus weekend activities.
- Active involvement in planning and implementing campus-wide special events.
- Provide oversight for management of Club 1808.
- Activity Center:
- Coordinate registrations and information dissemination, manage resource library, and oversee ticket sales.
- Manage Campus Activities' web site.
- Supervise collection of funds for all services.
- Special Initiatives:
- Coordinate Ring Tradition
- Coordinate Family Fest
To maintain the highest industry standards in risk management.
- Actively involved in the staff selection process.
- Directly train staff or select appropriate personnel to conduct training.
- Supervise and make decisions on staff’s ability and suitability for particular positions.
- Maintain direct knowledge as well as a written log of each staff members professional development.
Other duties as assigned.
- Develop a staff manual with standard safety protocols and operating procedures.
- Develop and monitor all preparatory procedures for each area.
- Evaluation of leaders and employees through extensive and ongoing training program.
- Select and maintain all equipment used for programming.
- Seek advanced certification for self and staff to ensure added professionalism.
- Select and evaluate all possible service providers.
- Serve as on site event manager for high profile events.
- Collaborate with Public Safety to ensure all safety and security concerns are addressed.
- Comply with local, state, federal laws as appropriate and secure permits when necessary .
Master’s degree preferred. Experience in campus activities and/or event planning. Exposure or experience with the following additional skills would be desirable: DJ, sound and lighting, trip leading, experiential training and facilitation, late night operations. Additionally, the administrative capacity of the job requires strong computer skills, written and oral skills, and ability to multitask. Active in professional organizations is also preferred.
Mount St. Mary's University - 12 months ago